Cannondale Cujo 2

Could anyone advise me on gearing my bike for a bit better top end, i use it around town a fair bit and wondered if it could be done. Thanks 🤘🤘🤘

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    For more top end or faster speed swap the 30 tooth chainring for the 34 tooth version.

Take off the 2.8 inch wide tyres and replace with something narrower, less knobbly or slick tyres for less rolling resistance.
  • For more top end or faster speed swap the 30 tooth chainring for the 34 tooth version.

Take off the 2.8 inch wide tyres and replace with something narrower, less knobbly or slick tyres for less rolling resistance.

Tyres have stay, it’s the top end speed i need. The bike is used for what it’s meant for plus getting around here and there.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Your only option then is to fit a larger chain ring (if one will fit).
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited June 2020
    JBA said:

Your only option then is to fit a larger chain ring (if one will fit).

As JBA and I have said this is the only option. Unless you want to go though the hassle of sourcing and fitting an XD Driver/Microspline and a new cassette to have a 10tooth instead of 11tooth small cog.

As for tyres, I have a 2.4 inch knobbly front tyre and WTB Riddler, semi slick (small tightly packed knobbled) 2.4 inch tyre on the rear for speed on the road and I can still go balls out on the trails too!
  • Thank you for your comments guys, SRAM do 30 to 36 tooth chain ring so that’s where i’ll start I think. It’s all going to depend on the clearance, I’m to view some at Hargroves today ( fingers crossed ). Thanks again guys 👌👌👌 i’ll let you know how I get on. 🤘
  • Cushty i’m sorted, 34 tooth fits like a glove. Only £81 and it’s way much better, can’t wait for the weekend now, i’m going to give my mates something to think about while their eating my dust lol 🤘🤘🤘