wednesday with just a hint of armageddon

'ning

forecast sogginess, stay alert, skip ride, save tubs

coffee and nyt, webex, then madeleines and pineapple, an excellent combination
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a miserable start here damp and cloudy, depending on the weather will depend if I ride or not, it looks like I might be decorating soon she is after a new carpet for the hall way ,stairs and landing
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, gentle trail run, work stuff, TT socially distancing ride with friends. About it really, shame about the weather
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Prep for tomorrows board meeting. Lots of red ink on financials and going into 20/21 budget, redundancy notice deadline for ending furlough. Armageddon seems about right.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited June 2020
    There's an abundance of butter in SG's snacks.
    I feel that it is imperative that to sustain the intake of bubbly and butter based foodstuffs, he keeps cycling.
    I had a cursory look for some scholarly articles about the relationship between Pineapple and cholesterol but couldn't find anything.

#preyforsungod'sheart

Today is wet. I also discovered that Honda has been hacked. Some operations have been suspended. Just my luck when I need some mower spares.

The only upside is that it's too wet to mow.

"One man (tried) went to mow..."

Schooling with Shorty then head scratching.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, its damp, decided the gravel bike was a better choice, also meant I could wear some northwave boots from my MTB days so no skating penguin look when I got to the shop.
    Had an amusing letter through my door from my local Co-Op as well, they've started using these little delivery robots and the letter basically says the hill on our road is to steep for them to get up.
    So it robots do start taking over the world just thwart them by living on a steep hill bonus points if its like the one in the Hovis ad with the cobbles.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    pinno said:

There's an abundance of butter in SG's snacks.
    I feel that it is imperative that to sustain the intake of bubbly and butter based foodstuffs, he keeps cycling.
    I had a cursory look for some scholarly articles about the relationship between Pineapple and cholesterol but couldn't find anything.

#preyforsungod'sheart

I think a few people on here subscribe to the 'exercise enough so you don't need to worry too much about what you eat and drink' theory. It's better than the alternative as long as the side effect isn't being a fat b@stard :)

Busy morning - long call then dropped the family mobile off at local garage to get something fixed before I can flog it (which will be used to pay for my dental implant). Easy come, easy go....

Onwards to lunch and more video meetings, including one later that will include drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    step83 said:

Had an amusing letter through my door from my local Co-Op as well, they've started using these little delivery robots and the letter basically says the hill on our road is to steep for them to get up.

Delivery robots? The local Co-Op? Checks date. Nope, not April 1st. Seriously? You sure they are not just using otherwise aimlessly heel-kicking schoolkids?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    now all i'm thinking about is combining the robots with homemade napalm

time for a stroll and coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    edited June 2020
    orraloon said:

step83 said:

Delivery robots? The local Co-Op? Checks date. Nope, not April 1st. Seriously? You sure they are not just using otherwise aimlessly heel-kicking schoolkids?
    Nope, seen them about quite amusing little things

Old news story from their roll out but they started doing a lot more with lock down, takeaways can also use them.

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/starship-enterprise-means-co-op-shopping-delivered-robots-milton-keynes-177752
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Site meeting this morning followed by drawing lines on a computerer.

Short run after work I think but having only eat butter free salad I'm feeling pretty empty.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day of wfh, head spinning from too much screen time. I'm sure beer makes it spin the other way so just the right doseage will cancel it out. Maybe a bit too much just to be sure.
  • pinno
    Highway robbery 'stand and deliver' will never be the same.
    Perhaps 'bee de bee de beep, (okay Buck)' will be more apt.
  • pinno
    Not as wet as anticipated. Decent pedal, albeit cool.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

Exactly forecasted heavy downfall and TT effort was nice and dry, albeit windy
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Exactly forecasted heavy downfall and TT effort was nice and dry, albeit windy
    As long as it's a tailwind it's fine.