yet more gloomygrey weather

ride, coffee, nyt, wfh if i cba
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Blue sky here, for the moment at least.
    Not that it matters as I put my back out last night doing nothing and it still hurts so I won't be doing much other than wfh.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, the sun is out with little cloud, cycling soon, lawn needs mowing after all the rain, one of the hedges needs trimming as well, busy day by the looks of it.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Run with hounds, then drop them off and do some intervals. Then work stuff, later is empty the van of the last of the wood from my parents and hopefully fit a bike ride in
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    unexpected sunshine appeared during ride, celebrate with an extra coffee

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Pre work loop is back on again, first time in a while though and 7 minutes slower than Sunday afternoons effort.

Workey stuff to do followed by an early night, hopefully.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Been to dentist to get my winning smile back. Tooth stuck back on but dentist of the view that it won't last because of the way it broke off/shape of the broken bit but it will do as a temporary fix. So I'll need an implant: that's going to hurt in more ways than one. Hope the tooth lasts until they can get it done.

Anyhow, must be lunch time...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I'll read posts later (if I cba).
    Right now, I need more coffee. Please note the word 'need' rather than 'want'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Stevo_666 said:

Soup?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Soup?
    Good guess HD. And a pot noodle to top up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Soup?
    Soup with noddles, Ramen?

Afternoon, been doing stuffs this morning with more stuffs to be done this afternoon OH is currently loosing the plot as hound like to unplug her laptop charger and being a silly mac is has that magnetic connector, mines in a dock so dog cant do much bar sniff it it she gets up on her back legs.

Anyway more work stuffs may go for a pedal later seeing as the weathers due to turn moist from tomorrow.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of wfh, utterly manic with a steady flow of silly questions to interrupt my flow. Just rang a supplier we don't use very often, he told me he'd retired nearly 20 years ago.
    Just has a sausage sarnie for lunch made by the lad, some definite advantages to wfh.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Soup?

Spooky - it was one of those Itsu rice noodle things, basically a posh pot noodle. Are you and HD psychic or something?
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Tooth stuck back on but dentist of the view that it won't last because of the way it broke off/shape of the broken bit but it will do as a temporary fix. So I'll need an implant:

Are you going for a gold one?

• homers_double
    Stevo_666 said:

Spooky - it was one of those Itsu rice noodle things, basically a posh pot noodle. Are you and HD psychic or something?

Quit possibly.

I recon a diamond like Marathon Man
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Tooth stuck back on but dentist of the view that it won't last because of the way it broke off/shape of the broken bit but it will do as a temporary fix. So I'll need an implant:

Maybe silver. Like that bloke in the old Bond film.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Soup?

Psychic, no, psychotic, probably :D
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Stevo_666 said:

Been to dentist to get my winning smile back. Tooth stuck back on but dentist of the view that it won't last because of the way it broke off/shape of the broken bit but it will do as a temporary fix. So I'll need an implant: that's going to hurt in more ways than one. Hope the tooth lasts until they can get it done.

Talk about covering your arse. I’d wait to see if it fails first
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Already got 4 guns, so is that gun up to 5 then?
  • florerider
    Whoops just recounted, have 5 guns so is it up to 6?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

Whoops just recounted, have 5 guns so is it up to 6?

guns are like bikes in this respect
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2020

Stevo_666 said:

Talk about covering your censored . I’d wait to see if it fails first
    He's right though, I could see it for myself - not a lot of surface area to bond the two pieces together and vulnerable to bite pressure. And I also got a second opinion which said the same thing. Effectively it's just a temp fix while I get the implant sorted.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    Knackered now. Full physical day with hire van removing all my remaining Stuff (So Much Stuff...) from temporary storage. Now sitting surrounded by boxes in a 'F it' state of mind plus 1st cold beer with the 2nd to hand.

Why do we accumulate so much stuff...? With the tips back open maybe I should just 'declutter'.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Knackered now. Full physical day with hire van removing all my remaining Stuff (So Much Stuff...) from temporary storage. Now sitting surrounded by boxes in a 'F it' state of mind plus 1st cold beer with the 2nd to hand.

Why do we accumulate so much stuff...? With the tips back open maybe I should just 'declutter'.

Or a yard sale :wink:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    What about a (socially distanced) yard give-away? Or is that fly tipping?
  • Stevo_666
    Talking of which, went for a run through the local park and got overtaken by a open backed truck with something about 'block paving' written on the side just driving over the grass. Get round the corner and looks like there's an out of town 'caravan club' paying a visit to the area. Reported to plod - they said they've had a lot of calls about it, unsurprisingly...
  • florerider
    orraloon said:

We went into storage twice, once for 12 months whilst we got a house built and once for 4 months after we sold without anywhere to move into. Too mean to pay for removal and storage we didn't need we sorted it out first!
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Talking of which, went for a run through the local park and got overtaken by a open backed truck with something about 'block paving' written on the side just driving over the grass. Get round the corner and looks like there's an out of town 'caravan club' paying a visit to the area. Reported to plod - they said they've had a lot of calls about it, unsurprisingly...

Similar here a few weeks ago. People were asking why they weren't being fined for breaching lockdown rules when a single homeless guy camping in the park was kicked out and his tent and kit binned by the council :disappointed:

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Similar here a few weeks ago. People were asking why they weren't being fined for breaching lockdown rules when a single homeless guy camping in the park was kicked out and his tent and kit binned by the council :disappointed:

Good point, should have dobbed them in for that as well.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    AFAIK. 2 grand per implant.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

AFAIK. 2 grand per implant.

Yep, that's about it, unfortunately. At least it's a pretty permanent solution.