Izalco Max 9.7, Orbea Omx Di2 or Supersix Hi Mod Dura Ace

Has anyone tried any of these bikes? They all fit my budget but I'm not able to try any. Reviews only tell you so much compared with real life experience. The Focus seems to offer the better package but some of the reviews suggest poor handling, there's a long wait for the Orbea and the Supersix lacks the Di2 (and the colour isn't great!)

I'm looking for a disc brake alternative to my previous gen Supersix HiMod but with some additional aero gains.

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,612
    The fit on the Focus is extremely long and low so you'd need to be happy that would work for you.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2020
    For similar money you could consider the Rose X-Lite Six Disc SRAM Red ETAP AXS

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/rose-x-lite-six-disc-red-etap-axs-2678507

You can also customise the spec to your requirements before you order
  • papajimbo
    papajimbo Posts: 61
    Not a bad shout except unfortunately they don't do Cyclescheme
    arlowood said:

• papajimbo
    mrb123 said:

The fit on the Focus is extremely long and low so you'd need to be happy that would work for you.

Thanks, I had anticipated the fit being a bit lower as the stack is 8mm lower and reach 3mm shorter than my Supersix, I'd probably have to use a 10mm spacer so not too bad.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    The izalco does look gorgeous, in every way.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    papajimbo said:

arlowood said:

Cyclecscheme on a £5.5K bike? That's pushing it a bit
  • papajimbo
    arlowood said:

papajimbo said:

arlowood said:

Cyclecscheme on a £5.5K bike? That's pushing it a bit
    Why? They’ve lifted the limit and it depends on whether your employer will lend you the funds. It’s salary sacrifice, just like a pension therefore an incentive to commute in an environmentally friendly fashion and stay fit. The scheme got me into cycling in the first place on some crappy £500 Specialized 10 years ago. I’ve bought a couple of decent bikes since then and my riding has changed but I still ride to work so why shouldn’t the scheme apply to others like me?
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Got an Orbea Avant, love it. The build options to customise mean long deliveries from Orbea.
  • teisetrotter
    teisetrotter Posts: 342
    I can only comment on groupsets and the previous Cannondale supersix. Previous Connondale is an aggressive harsh racing frame with a strong look, all of which I loved until a massive racing crash retired the frame. Money issues and no insurance meant a quick move to a CAAD12 ... which is exactly the same except heavier and shit less expensive.

On groupsets. I had discs. Started with Dura-ace manual moved to Di2 Ultegra. My first foray into Shimano world I must say. Errrrrrrr Dura Ace ..... one ropey downshift change with a huge swish of a lever on a really shit designed lever errrrrr eff off the worst STI design I have ever come across it was a complete and utter rip-off!

Ultegra Di2 very nice, better design levers, still not the best process of gear change for lumpy rides with lots of front mech changes but that is picky. It works so well and is a breeze to maintain.

My only issue with Cannondale was the BB, it worked fine, but I have never gone through so many bearings in my life. Both the Supersix and the CAAD. But they are not expensive.

In summary, Evo frame great if you like racing or fast riding. Shimano manual disc is truly industry sub-standard. Shimano Di2 (newer stuff) disc is great.
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    I have the OMX and I absolutely love it (came from a S-Works Tarmac). It does everything really well. Mine is the Di2 version and I upgraded the wheels to the Mavic options and fitted a P2M power meter.
    No experience with your other options, but I've run a Scott Foil, Trek Emonda and the S Works in the last few years and this trumps them all.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2