Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Has anyone spotted any good deals on road tyres?
    Despite hardly going out over the last few weeks, I've somehow managed to get a cut in the front tyre.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Try merlin cycles they had plenty on sale recently
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    itboffin said:

Try merlin cycles they had plenty on sale recently

PBK and Mantel had some good pair prices recently, although sounds like you may only want one.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    For anyone in need of new wheels, this is an absolute bargain:

https://www.merlincycles.com/campagnolo-eurus-clincher-road-wheelset-76081.html
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    PlanetX have their Bambino-like TT hemlet at £40 and spare visors at £10 each.

X8 chains £10
    X11 chains £15
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    https://chilli-tech.com/content/new-bullet-action-camera/
    £39 for one or £66 for two.

Removeable battery, claimed 4 hours life, £6 for spare batteries.

Pre-order to arrive end of June.

Tempting, decent specs without costing a kidney!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • antonyfromoz
    antonyfromoz Posts: 482
    Startfitness seem to have some bargains around at the moment, including Castelli Motorolo jackets in large at 47% discount https://www.startfitness.co.uk/cycle/bike-wear/jackets/castelli-mortirolo-4-mens-cycling-jacket-blue-4516511-059.html and quite a few of their bikes are up to 50% off too. I have bought from them myself, although not that recently, and they have always been good to deal with YMMV.
  • itboffin
    Looking for a replacement for my now worn out SRAM GXP cranksets and tired of GXP BB short lifespan i found a new Shimano FC8000 52/36 crankset for £67
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,422
    itboffin said:

Looking for a replacement for my now worn out SRAM GXP cranksets and tired of GXP BB short lifespan i found a new Shimano FC8000 52/36 crankset for £67

Bargain, are there any more?
  • itboffin
    two more available in 172.5 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153153733848 they also had 170
  • itboffin
  • addey
    addey Posts: 10
    Those have got to be dodgy surely? Why would you sell them so much cheaper than anyone else?!
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    99.5% positive feedback on the seller
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,116
    Wouldn't let me buy it as seller is closed on holiday. Got to be a misprice and good luck to anyone who manages to get one.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    fenix said:

99.5% positive feedback on the seller

Ebay go out of their way to make giving negative feedback difficult.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • voicycle
    voicycle Posts: 95
    edited June 2020

Wouldn't let me buy it as seller is closed on holiday. Got to be a misprice and good luck to anyone who manages to get one.

Pricing fixed this morning. After seeing this thread last night I ended up with a basket containing pretty much everything I'd need to convert my road bike to Di2 (and extras like different length wires, sprint shifters, a spare rear mech in the other cage length because why not? etc.) Shopping basket was like £350 last night. I don't even have any particular yearning to go Di2 but at that price it seemed silly not to. Of course ebay wouldn't let me actually check out.

This morning my shopping basket was about £3300. All items now removed. Was a fun exercise in Friday evening dreaming anyway!
    Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
    2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc
  • anjasola
    anjasola Posts: 145
    Garmin Varia RTL510 £99.99 plus shipping Evans
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    itboffin said:

two more available in 172.5 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153153733848 they also had 170

Now £236, good luck with getting yours.
  • combatclaret
    combatclaret Posts: 47
    edited June 2020

Startfitness seem to have some bargains around at the moment, including Castelli Motorolo jackets in large at 47% discount and quite a few of their bikes are up to 50% off too. I have bought from them myself, although not that recently, and they have always been good to deal with YMMV.

+1 for Startfitness, got this a couple weeks ago.
    https://www.startfitness.co.uk/castelli-perfetto-convertible-mens-cycling-jacket-grey-4516506-077.html
    Only in large but luckily my size. Also found a voucher that also worked for 10% off (EXTRA10)
    So managed to nab it for £93 inc p&p! It's the 2017 design but still a 5*reviewed Castelli jacket.
  • daniel_b
    edited June 2020

Startfitness seem to have some bargains around at the moment, including Castelli Motorolo jackets in large at 47% discount and quite a few of their bikes are up to 50% off too. I have bought from them myself, although not that recently, and they have always been good to deal with YMMV.

https://www.startfitness.co.uk/castelli-perfetto-convertible-mens-cycling-jacket-grey-4516506-077.html
    Only in large but luckily my size. Also found a voucher that also worked for 10% off (EXTRA10)
    So managed to nab it for £93 inc p&p! It's the 2017 design but still a 5*reviewed Castelli jacket.
    They do have some very good deals, just ordered a pair of these - I have some other Scott photochromic lenses, and imho they are as good as Oakley, at least in the speed of transition, but also in terms of frame quality.

£116 down to £49.99

https://startfitness.co.uk/scott-spur-ls-cycling-sunglasses-grey-273337-5524.html

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Vittoria Pave at Wiggle.
    £25 for 25mm or £20 for 27mm! 😱😀😎
    Happy to blame Wiggle for extracting cash from my account. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    pblakeney said:

Vittoria Pave at Wiggle.
    £25 for 25mm or £20 for 27mm! 😱😀😎
    Happy to blame Wiggle for extracting cash from my account. 😉

Good spot that man - a pair of 27s arrived yesterday. Am hoping that they inflate to 30mm like the 27mm Challenge P-R currently in use on the front wheel of the old faithful CR1... thanks

• daniel_b
    edited July 2020
    I managed to resist when this jacket was £130ish last week, but then they dropped it to £94, and then there is the £10 off code, so £84 less cashback for a £235 jacket.

Have some gravel/off road rides planned for the autumn, so thought it would be a practical proposition.

CRC have one left in Large.

Also needed a 90mm stem for the tubo bike post bike fit, and lobbed one in that was £6.99.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    daniel_b said:

I managed to resist when this jacket was £130ish last week, but then they dropped it to £94, and then there is the £10 off code, so £84 less cashback for a £235 jacket.

Have some gravel/off road rides planned for the autumn, so thought it would be a practical proposition.

CRC have one left in Large.

Also needed a 90mm stem for the tubo bike post bike fit, and lobbed one in that was £6.99.

I think I know why the jacket was discounted!

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    Supposedly, some of the 400 unit limited run of the new Boardman SLR 8.9c will be available on the Boardman site tomorrow, before any reach Halfords.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    I e-mailed Boardman who themselves were a bit unsure but it seems just to be the colour (not that nice) that's the limited bit and the 105 groupset will be on the normal one so no panic to buy.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    daniel_b said:

They do have some very good deals, just ordered a pair of these - I have some other Scott photochromic lenses, and imho they are as good as Oakley, at least in the speed of transition, but also in terms of frame quality.

£116 down to £49.99

https://startfitness.co.uk/scott-spur-ls-cycling-sunglasses-grey-273337-5524.html

Daniel what are the Scott glasses like? Any good?
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    bmxboy10 said:

daniel_b said:

£116 down to £49.99

Daniel what are the Scott glasses like? Any good?
    I got a pair and thought they were really nice and wore them for a couple of 1 hour commutes in the rain this week - they didnt fog up so I thought that was great but I wore them on a 2 hour ride home the long way last night and the sides of my head were hurting at the end - if you have a wide head they evidently dig in to your skull above the ears. Something I didnt notice on short rides. I think mine may need to go back which would be a shame as the lenses were excellent. If you have a narrow head I highly recommend.
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 138

Cheers guys, just picked up a pair of (deep breath) Scott RC Premium ++++ Mens Cycling Bib Shorts for a massive £31.50, down from £115, and a nice pair of off-road "I could almost be a normal person" but still proper padded shorts for £27, down from £65... this sort of spending can get addictive :)
  • daniel_b
    Defblade said:

Cheers guys, just picked up a pair of (deep breath) Scott RC Premium ++++ Mens Cycling Bib Shorts for a massive £31.50, down from £115, and a nice pair of off-road "I could almost be a normal person" but still proper padded shorts for £27, down from £65... this sort of spending can get addictive :)
    That's a reallly good price, imho the Scott kit is underrated, and if on a huge discount like this, represents amazing value.

I recall when I started out, and finding some Nike (When they still made cycling gear) bib shorts, reduced from over £100 to £27.50!

@bmxboy10 @ @apreading - I really rate them, but as apr mentions, they are likely designed for narrower heads, and as I have a bit of a pea head, the radar locks, scott leaps and these ones fit me really nicely.
    Sorry to hear they haven't worked out apr, hope you can get them sorted - good quality frame and optics though would you agree?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18