What do it all bike 3k limit

Been away from the sport for around 2 years as bought a house etc and funds were limited and time a premium. In a position to get back into it now, my last ride being down gisburns downhill line which on that particular today ended up walking back to car being able to see most of my shin bone and ligaments ha. Still can't wait to get back into it.

Wanting a full suss that can do a bit of it all and can be equally as fun riding mellow trails and just messing about but is also capable at trail centres and the odd day at a bike park. Almost bought a Whyte t 130c rs but was out of stock. Things seem to of moved on at the same rapid pace and I find myself looking at brands that I never knew about or models that I wouldn't of considered 2 years back.

Also anyone been to Leeds bike park, I've moved to a village not far and hear it's pretty gd ?

Not fussed on wheel size etc.

What bikes should I be considering?

Thanks

Comments

• andyh01
    andyh01 Posts: 599
    When I looked few years for this one do it all bike, I ended up with a Mason Bokeh £3k Ultegra disc brakes Ali frame
    Excellent can't fault it 4 season tubeless hunt wheels as STD dynamo set up if want ...
    Love it
  • andyh01
    andyh01 Posts: 599
    Meant say also can take 650b wheels too so drop bar off road as well as adventure /gravel.on 700c
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I was going to suggest the Whyte T130C RS. It may "only" have 130 travel, but you would guess at 150 when you were riding it. It was a fantastic bike and I was genuinely sorry to have to sell it. (sigh!)

But you stole my thunder and have already considered one. How about one that has been previously loved, for an even better bargain? :)
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    A friend bought a Giant Trance 3 29er recently. I had a go, very nice bike for £2,100. Also heard good reviews about the new Fox owned Marzoochi Z2 forks that are fitted. Still in stock at Rutland Cycling which is rare at the moment it seems! Worth a look!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited June 2020
    andyh01 said:

When I looked few years for this one do it all bike, I ended up with a Mason Bokeh £3k Ultegra disc brakes Ali frame
    Excellent can't fault it 4 season tubeless hunt wheels as STD dynamo set up if want ...
    Love it

Did you read the OP's post?
    He wants a full susser for use at trail centres and bike parks as well as mellow trails.

My advice echoes Oxoman's - Trance, T-130 or Aeris.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009