monday infiltrating agents provocateurs

'ning

ride, coffee, nyt, coffee, wfh, eat orangettes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cool and cloudy at least it’s not raining, bike ride for starters, Conservatory roof wants washing so if it’s fine I will do that
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle trail run with hounds then work stuff
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Crisp still day. Miscellaneous DIY stuff, then a loop out on my local trail late this afternoon.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    That looks like cloud on the horizon WS.

Went food shopping for the first time in 11 weeks.
    Dull today. Usual routine of coffee and Shorty schooling. Then tinkering more with mower engine that went bang on me.
    I don't know what I am going to find.

Orangettes, nice. Very nice. Though I would prefer dipped brandy snaps.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning joining in on the corporate BS, got a webinar about the new site thats going up next to our existing one, they seem to be making out no one knew it was coming bar the last few years planning and asking us all about it!

Anyway, time to try an get my head round some 3D design software they claim is just like what I used many years ago, but its clearly isn't! All this to do the workshop layout :D
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Indoor training session followed by working out this video conferencing thing for Thursday's board meeting. Strong coffee needed before I read the financials this quarter.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ning

Got the trellis up, yesterday - looks really smart. Ordered sleepers, coach screws and some auger drill bits from Wickes... raised beds next.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    pinno said:

Did the supermarket stop letting your kids in on their own or something?

Busy afternoon of calls ahead. What sort of twunt puts a 90 minute meeting in the diary that starts at 5pm? Especially as they're an hour ahead of us so they should know better. Words will be had.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

Busy afternoon of calls ahead. What sort of twunt puts a 90 minute meeting in the diary that starts at 5pm? Especially as they're an hour ahead of us so they should know better. Words will be had.

We have a ban on any meetings starting after 4pm or scheduled to finish after 5pm, not that the bosses take much notice of it.

• thistle_
    'ning

Unproductive morning so far, unless essential shopping for bike parts counts as productive.
    Meeting later which I reckon will be on Zwift in the garden.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Morning, ordered a new bike for wifey over the weekend and she is quite looking forward to taking it back to where it was manufactured.

I said than mine would be a bit more difficult as it was probably made in Taiwan.

Work stuff today followed by fitting an external socket later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83

'ning

Unproductive morning so far, unless essential shopping for bike parts counts as productive.
    Meeting later which I reckon will be on Zwift in the garden.

Reminds me, side loading bottle cages keep missing when I put mine back in the top loading ones either drop it or jam it into the cranks.
  • tlw1

Crisp still day. Miscellaneous DIY stuff, then a loop out on my local trail late this afternoon.

Unlike me yesterday I bet you didn’t find a load of pot heads around a corner on a fast downhill section, missed them and got a tree 🤬
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

We have a ban on any meetings starting after 4pm or scheduled to finish after 5pm, not that the bosses take much notice of it.

Luckily its somebody's minion who has time on their hands who organised it, so I'll just tell them they need to reschedule if they want me to show up next week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Unlike me yesterday I bet you didn’t find a load of pot heads around a corner on a fast downhill section, missed them and got a tree 🤬
    Surely getting the potheads instead of the tree would have been a better option?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    tlw1 said:

This headland is approximately 300 acres of (public) land. On today’s loop, I saw 2 couples out walking. That counts as “busy”. 😀

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Surely getting the potheads instead of the tree would have been a better option?
    Good point well made
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

This headland is approximately 300 acres of (public) land. On today’s loop, I saw 2 couples out walking. That counts as “busy”. 😀

Normally not busy around here, but as fat people cant go to primark they have been coming to the woods for a walk 🙄
  • step83
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Normally not busy around here, but as fat people cant go to primark they have been coming to the woods for a walk 🙄
    Probably confused about the trees, never seen so many so had to smoke to destress so to speak.
    Conversely I was out yesterday, I've not seen the roads so devoid of cars, plenty of cyclists about, had a few try hard clubbies who insist on trying to chase you down when you pass them. Think I annoyed them more as I passed them, stopped to take off my gilet then repassed them :D. I'm by no means quick I'll put it down to it being quite flat and magical whoosy wheels.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Conversely I was out yesterday, I've not seen the roads so devoid of cars

Same here, but it was about 5am

• Stevo_666
    edited June 2020
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

It'd be much more convenient if they went swimming near Japan or Norway instead.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

How's the tree?

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

No, got in laws to do it for us :)

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

It'd be much more convenient if they went swimming near Japan or Norway instead.
    Some fat from Liposuction is then purified to make high end facial creams. I kid you not.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

What changed? Did they finally tell you to stop being a lazy ****er and get down the shops yourself? :)
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Some fat from Liposuction is then purified to make high end facial creams. I kid you not.
    There'll certainly be no shortage if they take up my idea.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

How's the tree?

Unmoved
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

How's the tree?

Unmoved
    Phew.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

What changed? Did they finally tell you to stop being a lazy ****er and get down the shops yourself? :)
    No you twit. Due to me being in a higher risk group...
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

No you twit. Due to me being in a higher risk group...
    Due to all those diseases acquired from your pop up brothel?