'ning

dry, not quite as windycold

ride and coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Cloudy, breezy and still a bit damp here.
    Couldn't sleep so went out for a ride and might try and go back to sleep again for a bit while my kit is in the wash.
    The new traffic lights near home were on the blink on the way back. I should report it to someone but I think I'd prefer the chaos later when, heaven forbid, people can't drive to Costa.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chilled start as body aches from moving wood around yesterday

Today is more wood, ride, drink
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    oxoman said:

Christ it's dead on here today, everyone gone off demonstrating over something or other.

I did think about protesting about on-going pub closures but there'd be nobody at the pub to see it.

Good lie in, showed the family mobile to a mate who is also brother of potential buyer (as buyer is busy hosewifey type who knows nothing about cars). Seemed fine but buyer hadn't realised it might be a bit pricey to put her 17 yo daughter on the policy...advised them they might want to get a couple of quotes first.

Now getting a spot of lunch and doing some useful jobs (the ones I want to do) while Stressy and Stroppy are out walking the dogs. Exercise later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    oxoman said:

Christ it's dead on here today, everyone gone off demonstrating over something or other.

Or people getting outside and doing some exercise?

Good lumpy 50km ride, almost got showered on at one point but escaped. Revisiting routes I have not been on for many years. One hill on the Chilterns ridge beat me, had to stop, even with the 34 cassette. Might try it again on the tourer with the triple rings, though is a lot heavier it does have the granny ring.

Get freshed up and go get some fresh drinks supplies in. Understand v small queues at supermarkets for the last Sunday hour.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Sunday, middle of a long weekend, celebrated here for "Queen's Birthday". Go figure.

Chilly start (and end) to the day, but a nice winter one in between. Shed DIY stuff for the morning, making a mirror frame which will have wiring for light above. Fiddly job using old recycled hardwood of various sizes.

Decent ride this afternoon for a couple of hours, then an evening walk. Dinner out at re-opened pub with friends. Yay!

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Afternoon, the internet has only been back on since 3 o’clock , windy and wet ,no ride at all today , just waiting for the roast beef to finish cooking, trying to make my mind up, beer or lager? Decisions decisions
  • Stevo_666

Dinner out at re-opened pub with friends. Yay!

Don't rub it in WS...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

LD, it's got to be beer with Beef. Not wishy washy lager.

Or red plonk if you're feeling sophisticated, like.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Sounds a bit much for beefburgers.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Sounds a bit much for beefburgers.
    Any excuse...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Beautiful sunny but still a bit windy day today.

Bought Tricky a stunt scooter. Was advertised locally. Sold for £10, retails at £100! Not much use either.
    Bargain.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited June 2020
    oxoman said:

My choice was beer , a couple of bottles of batemans victory, very nice as well