Selling rule of thumb?

I have my son’s road bike to sell. I’m wondering what is reasonable to expect to get for it. He only rode it a few times. It’s a Fuji Roubaix 1.0 LE. It’s several years old, but it’s only been in storage and not used. It retailed for $1,200. So I’m wondering if there’s any rule of thumb for a fair asking price, like 50% of retail for excellent condition? Any opinion on a range for fair pricing? Thanks.

Comments

• dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Bike prices are crazy at the moment (especially in the UK). Whatever you ask for it you'll probably get.

Best bet is go onto eBay and see what they've sold for on there. That will give you an idea of the market and prive
  • royalmile
    royalmile Posts: 17
    The market price for a particular model of bike can depend on a number of factors including age and condition. If you are willing to box the bike up and ship it to the buyer, you'll get more offers/bids. Similarly, if the bike is a medium size, it will attract more bids than an xl or xs as there will be more potential buyers. Try searching the eBay with the 'sold listings' option ticked to find actual selling prices for similar bikes.