Decent(ish) bike that scrotes won't want to nick bits off!

Covid boredom is getting to me so random thinking...

I've got what I feel are a couple of decent bikes (Genesis 853 road bike and a 853 MTB/full XT) and don't want to take them down to town/supermarket etc and leave chained up outside while I disappear for a few minutes.

I think I need something that is generally knackered (torn seat, bit of rust, etc) but which I'm happy to leave outside chained up but no one is really going to give a second look.

Tonnes of old stuff about but I still wouldn't mind it feeling like I enjoy riding it (if not looking at it) any ugly ducklings (not to ugly, I want to not feel ridiculous on it, perhaps boring is a better word) out there that you can recommend for said purpose.

Ta

Simon

Comments

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Ride a fixie, if someone tries to nick it and ride off they'll hopefully soon end up in a heap.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    +1 on the fixie.
  • Scrotes will nick anything whatever the condition.
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Unicycle.
    They might nick it, but I bet they can't ride it.

Some **** nicked my cargobike. Didn't get far as he couldn't work out how to steer it properly with it being so long and the front wheel being hidden from sight by the attached delivery box.
  • s1mples
    s1mples Posts: 63

Scrotes will nick anything whatever the condition.

That didn't cross my mind :#
    oxoman said:

Spd,s and quick release saddle.

Something else I'd not thought about, taking saddle with me.

Ride a fixie, if someone tries to nick it and ride off they'll hopefully soon end up in a heap.

I live near the top of a big hill.... I'd be in a heap, though I'm not ruling this out.
  • Darius_Jedburgh
    Darius_Jedburgh Posts: 675
    edited June 2020
    Allen key Q/R will stop them nicking wheels. Unless your on a fixie, then your fine because they won't be carrying 17mm spanners.

Think I have a pair kicking about somewhere that I'm unlikely to use.