thursday's edge is receding faster than light

'ning

looking gloomy out, could soon be back to arm/leg warmers, sigh

ride, coffee and nyt, a wander, a webex, wfh between catnaps and diversions
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, gloomy here, at least it’s stopped raining, , I don’t blame you with the warmers Sungod, it feels much cooler

Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I hate to ask oxo!

Long walk with hounds, now work stuff, later is a run then cider
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    grey and windycold, warmers and gilet weren't quite enough

coffee stroll time
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

You asked. >:) . Ended up fitting new manhole cover and foul downpipe into the ground. The old guy next door is 70 plus and was struggling, so I ended up doing it. Not the nicest of jobs to do.🤭🤮

Did you link it straight into the chocolate milkshake machine nearby?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    oxoman said:

Morning All. Yep definitely gloomy but not cold. May go out after yesterday turned into do a neighbour a good turn day.

Do you often muck around with old men's pipework?

Drizzle here. 'Smurry' actually, to use the colloquial which means fine drizzle blown around by a bit of wind.

I have no idea what I shall be doing today beyond schooling with Shorty. Suggestions welcome.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    oxoman said:

Very tempted, place reopened to drive in only yesterday. Police turned up as causing big traffic problems locally.

You've been spotted Oxo

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    More work. Then maybe a run and a drink.

We've done our weekly farming out of the hounds to the local dog walker so peace reigns.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

🤣 I tried on my bike but they wouldn't let me, apparently motorbikes and quadbikes allowed but not pushbikes or mobility scooters.

For anyone with a mobility scooter it's a cracking excuse to upgrade to a quad bike.
  • lincolndave
    edited June 2020
    sungod said:

grey and windycold, warmers and gilet weren't quite enough

coffee stroll time

I had a shortsleeved perfetto with arm and leg warmers just Warm enough , a base layer as well ,that wind was cold though, 8 degs according to my garmin

• lincolndave
    oxoman said:

Wimps, 4 or 5 degrees then I'll put my longs back on. CBA with warmers to much faffing about.

Warm wimps though :)

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ternoon

Trellis arrived.
    Coconut matting arriving this afternoon.
    Jasmin being delivered at the weekend.

Trellis will need trimming to size.
    Affix matting to back of trellis.
    Erect trellis so we don't have to look at - or listen to - the neighbours.
    Train the jasmin over the trellis.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    edited June 2020
    oxoman said:

Wimps, 4 or 5 degrees then I'll put my longs back on. CBA with warmers to much faffing about.

i have little natural insulation, built for scorchio :smiley:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    WFH today, juggling it between here and the smog producing sweat shop.
    Not much chance to ride as MrsHD is on eye meds so need a bit of TLC, I might get out at the weekend though. At the moment I could wear shorts, might need a lightweight jacket over a windstopper base layer though.

Sort of a restaurant dinner tonight, a local chef is doing his 5* food from his home kitchen and we've ordered it for tonight, looking forward to that!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

That’s me too, was cold last night but when I pushed hard I was too warm.

Be bold start cold
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

We had a jasmine delivered the other day. Smells gorgeous. Not got round to planting it yet.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Superb winter day. Long walk round local coastline in glorious sunshine.

Still debating whether to buy new frame and build a bike I don't need.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

We had a jasmine delivered the other day. Smells gorgeous. Not got round to planting it yet.
    There's a lot round here and a really solid one in next door's back garden - on a summer day, with the breeze in the right direction, our kitchen is heady with its perfume. Wonderful.

Are you putting yours in the ground or in a pot? Ours will be in a pot (on the balcony).
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899

If I had your shed, I'd own every size 55 or 56 on ebay.
    Ben

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Ben6899 said:

:)

Not the space that's an issue. It's the expense... and some overlap. Found an Open One+ frame, but I already *have* an Open O-1.0 MTB.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

Do it, do it, doooooo it. Slam the stem and put some deep rims on it. Don't forget to post pics.

I know you can't slam it, I'm trying to make up for the lack of MFs :D
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

🤣 I tried on my bike but they wouldn't let me, apparently motorbikes and quadbikes allowed but not pushbikes or mobility scooters.

For anyone with a mobility scooter it's a cracking excuse to upgrade to a quad bike.
    Local Costa were the same, even though they claim to be open for takeaway drinks as well.
  • Ben6899

Ben6899 said:

:)

Not the space that's an issue. It's the expense... and some overlap. Found an Open One+ frame, but I already *have* an Open O-1.0 MTB.
    Nah there are some real bargains on ebay. I almost bought a Colnago Master, the other week. £500 with the rare star fork.

No space though - already got one cupboard full of bikes and a frame hung on a coat hook!
    Ben

• hopkinb
    Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

There's a lot round here and a really solid one in next door's back garden - on a summer day, with the breeze in the right direction, our kitchen is heady with its perfume. Wonderful.

Are you putting yours in the ground or in a pot? Ours will be in a pot (on the balcony).
    Its going to be in a deepish raised bed (with no bottom) trained up a fence.

We recently decked and paved the whole back garden (I'll never have to mow a lawn again!), but have built a lot of raised bed space and invested in some nice pots and planters which we are now filling up with a mixture of shrubs, roses, perennials, and cheerful annuals. Jasmine smells so good on a warm evening.
  • hopkinb

I know you can't slam it, I'm trying to make up for the lack of MFs :D

He can slam it, just can't ride it if he does!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

We recently decked and paved the whole back garden (I'll never have to mow a lawn again!), but have built a lot of raised bed space and invested in some nice pots and planters which we are now filling up with a mixture of shrubs, roses, perennials, and cheerful annuals. Jasmine smells so good on a warm evening.
    Practical question Mr. H: where does the dog go for a leak/crap in your new grass-free back garden?
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

Practical question Mr. H: where does the dog go for a leak/censored in your new grass-free back garden?
    There's about 4 square metres of gravel by the back gate to the side of where the home office will be built in August. She is happy going there. Easier to pick up the turds, and i just hose it down when I do the plants. Pong free so far, even with the warm weather.
  • Ben6899
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

Practical question Mr. H: where does the dog go for a leak/censored in your new grass-free back garden?
    I read this and thought "I don't have a dog. Or a back garden..." then realised I'm not the only Mr H, here... 😂
    Ben

• hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

There's 4 m² of gravel by the back gate, next to where the home office will be built in early August. Dog is happy to do its business there (she has no choice!). Nice and easy to pick up, and I hose it down when I do the plants. Pong free so far, even with the warm weather.
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

I read this and thought "I don't have a dog. Or a back garden..." then realised I'm not the only Mr H, here... 😂
    Never knew you were...only asking because my dogs will only p1$$ and cr@p on grass, which kinda makes me glad we have a lawn out the back :)
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    So much for dullness and showers.
    Bright blue skies here now, better get a quick 40 miles in before dark.