1100€ road bike Cannondale 105 Caad vs Specialized E5 Elite

Hello... which one from these two is the best choice? Im 70 kg and 21 years old....i want a racy road bike

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    The Specialized Elite E5 was the Cycling Plus 2020 "Bike of the Year" in the £1000 range.

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/road-bikes/specialized-allez-elite-2020-review/

It was also up against the Cannondale, amongst other bikes, in the July edition and came out as the best on test.

If these are the only 2 bikes you are considering then the Specialized is probably the one to go for.
  • I read the review...but it seems it's not enough racy : "The taller head-tube provides a more upright riding position that’s friendlier to your lower back, while the longer chainstays and wheelbase both add a little stability and slow down the handling a little.If you’re a wannabe racer this makes it slightly less appealing but it’s still no slouch over the asphalt."

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I ride a 2019 Allez Elite. Believe me, it will go as fast as you can push it, and holds the road as well as any bike I've ridden. I also have a TCR Advanced Pro with Di2 for big summer rides and there isn't as big a gap between the two as you might imagine. Then again, the Canondale is no slouch.....
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • I have owned both of these bikes in 54cm frame and found the Allez to be much more comfortable for longer rides but felt less involved and less fun to ride hard. The CAAD has external cable routing which may or may not be to your liking. If a racy, harder ride is your thing the CAAD is that. I found the Allez better for casual riding.