Lowering stem

repeatpeter
repeatpeter Posts: 11
edited May 2020 in Workshop

I’ve lowered all my stems, but on my new Bianchi Infiniti xe the stem has a finished looking top, and it doesn’t appear that you can remove spacers from below and place them on top (make sense?). Tips/instructions on lowering these?

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    I think you can just remove them from below, cut the steerer and put you stem/ cap back on. Doesn’t look like they can be placed above the stem...

PP
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    What's the stem cap like - could you put a normal spacer under it to make up for removing the shaped spacers below the stem ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498

What's the stem cap like - could you put a normal spacer under it to make up for removing the shaped spacers below the stem ?

This. The steerer is still round underneath all of that, after all. And you can see there's a length of the stem.

Temporarily you could just use a conventional stem to dial in the position, as well.
  • What's the stem cap like - could you put a normal spacer under it to make up for removing the shaped spacers below the stem ?

This. The steerer is still round underneath all of that, after all. And you can see there's a length of the stem.

Temporarily you could just use a conventional stem to dial in the position, as well.
    Damn ya’ll are amazing!!! I think each of you are correct. I’ll throw in some carbon spacers on top to dial it in then do the final cut. THANKS!!!!
  • What's the stem cap like - could you put a normal spacer under it to make up for removing the shaped spacers below the stem ?

YEP thanks that's exactly what I'll do before making the final cut. THX