Sunday, Another day in Paradise

Morning, why the hell can I not sleep, I will be soon nocturnal :)
It looks like another cracking day on the cards, blue looking skies no cloud
Have a nice day

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    'ning

less sleep as the eons accumulate

ride, bask, keep it simple
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Love this weather. Nice long walk with the hounds and now some exercise before pig based food followed by bbq and basically chilled day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    'Ning
    Should've just got up and sat in the sun this morning as everything's aching.
    One knee swollen from what looks like nettle stings (although I don't recall getting stung), other knee wobbly and one calf still all cramped up 2 hours later :neutral:
    At least it's sunny.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    More sunshine - this means the hounds will need to be kept on the lead while they're near the inevitable picnics. One of them managed to nab a ham sandwich off a kid a few days ago. Also need to get some supplies and a spot of car based cleaning and maintenance.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Been at work for nearly 5 hours.

Paradise?

My a**e!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks, being mostly lazy today after exertions yesterday directing the lad doing plumbing repairs. He did well and was happy to learn how to do such things which is good. Directing some bloke on wheel bearing replacement today, hopefully that's rather easier than dismantling a bathroom.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Directing some bloke on wheel bearing replacement today

Said bloke has just replaced his chain and cassette, and taken chainset and jockey wheels off for a clean. It's all still pretty grubby, but not disgusting.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Nice ride out and about. Surprisingly strong headwind on way out but hey helps cool one down. Same wind provided tailwind assist on the final hill. Not sure what pace, my Garmin had run out of battery, couldn't be bothered stopping and faffing with the phone and Strava, but felt fast and lo, when I topped out and went to change up discovered I was still in the big ring. Nice one, felt well chuffed, even if some lightweight youngster had sprinted past me on the way up.

The rest of the day will be mainly doing nothing in the sunshine.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    Early walk on the beach with the dog, nobody about which was a nice change for a Sunday morning. Ride #1 was a short pootle up the road to stop and admire the view. Miscellaneous workshop faff this afternoon preparing some timber for a new project...

Late afternoon Ride #2 round local headland. Had to put the hammer down for a bit as local nutter dog decided to chase. Hard work holding 25km/h riding a FS MTB on a rough grass trail for half a km till the mutt gave up.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    finally finished the 1408 unabridged pages of travels in arabia deserta

synopsis: hot, smelly, many fanatics, untrustworthy and thieves, awful food, sandy except where gravelly or stony, diseases, camels (also smelly)

the fanatics are worse nowadays, otherwise it's not changed much
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    Nice book review sg. May I recommend Anna Karenina for balance. At least in terms of temperature.

Lovely afternoon with V68 showing me the way of the hammer, and meeting his son, who exhibits poise, intelligence and politeness and long curly hair. Must take after his mum etc etc. Except the hair, V68 was looking a bit shaggy.

Did the boy beef as requested. Served with a rocket and tomato salad for me and Mrs H³. Kids had chips.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Big hammer, bigger hammer. What more does a man need to know. Good to have a socially distanced brew as well. Lad said he is going to a proper butcher at some point this week. Hair should be rectified soon, especially now that I can get my head wet. Just need to persuade the Mrs to sort it.
    Got to go to work tomorrow, hopefully I will make it in one piece this time.
  • hopkinb

Just need to persuade the Mrs to sort it.

I was strategically shaved this morning. She's getting reasonably adept with the clippers.