Looking for a HT £1500

Hello

I brought a G170 in Feb, but think its ultimately the wrong bike for 90% of what i do, plus I broke my collarbone 3 weeks ago (not a single mark on the bike!) and looking at getting something fast n fun to get back into things (at least another 3 weeks).

Im 5 10, 83kg. Probably a medium most brands.

Must have a dropper.

Struggling to find anything in stock. Any recomendations?

When are the 2021's out?

Any other forums that are more active so i can join?

Ta.

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited May 2020
    I'm 5'10" and have a medium Orange Clockwork if I was upgrading I would probably pick the 2020 Crush.

Ragley Marley, Nukeproof Scout, Vitus Sentier are amongst my top picks for a good overall package. Don't know about availability for any. Most come with droppers, I think but you can always buy one if not.

From limited experience when looking for new model release dates, anyone's guess. Lots of false release dates, then getting one when they are on sale can sometimes take a while but with current situation impossible to say.

This forum seems active enough, pink bike is worth a look but your post sounds similar to one on there, maybe you've already tried that one?
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Cheers mate, will have a look at those!
    I'm not on pink bike, will also have a look :)
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Singletrack World forum worth a look too, particularly for MTB queries.
  • mm94210
    mm94210 Posts: 40
    I am in a similar position to you and those were the three bikes that I originally considered (my top pick was the NP scout Comp). I have now slightly upped my budget and have whittled the final options down to the Whyte 905 or Bird Zero AM (with 12spd Deore and Pike). I will probably go for the Bird.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Have a look on the Bird website and see what you can spec for your budget.
    They make very good bikes and are really helpful if you give them a call or send an e-mail.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    edited May 2020
    Bird AM works out to almost £2k when you add a few upgraded bits.

Leisurelakes don't have anything in medium, but recommended Whyte 901/905 at a push.

Not finding much online in medium :(

Ebay prices are steep on used!