Rockshox recon silver tk restoration...

Hi,

I’m currently giving an old Rockshox recon silver tk (2011), a bit of a restoration.

Needing the following spare parts, but I’m trying to figure out how best to source them!
Found them bundled with other parts, but this leaves me with stuff I don’t need, and feels like an expensive way of doing it!

•Both bottom shaft bolts, washers, and rebound knob

•The wavy spring washer, that sits under the air piston snap ring (apparently a pretty common part to break!)

Any suggestions appreciated, or does anyone happen to have any of these bits kicking about?
Thanks!

Comments

• ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284
    I’m not sure if they do but try giving a company called TF Tuned a call, they service shocks and droppers so may have some bits that you need.
  • ChrissMTB
    ChrissMTB Posts: 4
    ed1973 said:

I’m not sure if they do but try giving a company called TF Tuned a call, they service shocks and droppers so may have some bits that you need.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I have contacted a couple of service companies local to me...but had no luck!
    I’ll contact TF Tuned though, and see what they say

Cheers!
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    You could always just send the fork to TF Tuned and ask them to service it. If they can't fix it they will tell you. If you want it back all it will cost is the return postage.
  • ChrissMTB

You could always just send the fork to TF Tuned and ask them to service it. If they can't fix it they will tell you. If you want it back all it will cost is the return postage.

This is true, although prefer to do it myself, as I’m treating it as a ‘learn as I go’ project! :#
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I admire that. :)
    I've done that on all sorts of other stuff on my bikes, but wheel building and fiddling with fork internals is something I have yet to tackle. Adding tokens to forks is as far as I've got with fork internals. Strangely, I've had shocks apart for air can services and air spring tuning, but not touched forks. :(
  • ChrissMTB
    Thanks...time will tell if it’s sensible though! :D
    Tbh sourcing parts has been the biggest challenge, otherwise been more straightforward than I expected!