Sora R3000 shifters compatability

aaronyarm
aaronyarm Posts: 20
Hi Everyone,

I have a Trek 1.2 with Shimano ST 3500 shifters on it (the ones with the cables out the sides and the wierd guage thing to show you what gear you are in).

I saw that they have released a sora R3000 version with internal cables. I like the groupset, and wanted to know, if anyone knows if the R3000 shifters are compatible with the ST3500 groupset?

if so happy days!

thanks

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Yes, certainly the RD works with new levers. I put a triple on my Sora equipped CdF with the newer shifters, No issues with the new shifters and old RD. As I put on a new triple FD I can't say if it works with the old. But I have a new Sora system on another bike, and the FD set up seems the same new and old.
  • aaronyarm
    aaronyarm Posts: 20
    mrfpb said:

Yes, certainly the RD works with new levers. I put a triple on my Sora equipped CdF with the newer shifters, No issues with the new shifters and old RD. As I put on a new triple FD I can't say if it works with the old. But I have a new Sora system on another bike, and the FD set up seems the same new and old.

thanks, according to the shimano compatability chart the shifters are backwards compatible with the rear derailleur, but not with the FD. not the end of the world as an FD is about 20quid.

i like the groupset, i just hate the cables coming out the sides!