tuesday enumerating intangible entities

'ning

ride coffee nyt wfh, looks like it'll be too cloudy to bask, but never know
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cloudy but warm no doubt I will be on the road again this morning, what a happy bunny I am, I only hope the press / media don’t get word of what I am doing 😀
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No WFH as I’ve got a day off 😎
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Warmish here. Waiting on post and Porker bits.
    Might annoy TLW if I get too bored.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    balmy 19 degrees when i went out at 7, no gilet needed

hoping the thin cloud will burn off in time for a bask, towel is at the ready, forecast for the next few days is looking good
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    edited May 2020

Morning, cloudy but warm no doubt I will be on the road again this morning, what a happy bunny I am, I only hope the press / media don’t get word of what I am doing 😀
    Have a good day

Try cycling to Durham and back, what's the worst that could happen?

Day at the grindstone - and deems like quite a busy week actually if my diary is anything to go by.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Stevo_666 said:

Have a good day

Try cycling to Durham and back, what's the worst that could happen?

A certain person testing his eye sight might knock me off my bike

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, pleasantly warm here rockign the odd combo of a hoodie and shorts, sat in the garden debating wine and conference calls to do later. Mean time chatting with the sparky on sparky related matters.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Not the best start to the day, riding to work and got taken out. Some twat cut across the front of me and hit the brakes, not enough space for me to go anywhere. I'm a bit battered, trip to A&E revealed no breaks thankfully but ligament damage which can be worse and they glued my face back together. Might improve my looks when the swelling goes down but I think I'm a lost cause in that respect. Bad news is the old red frame is bent, hopefully repairable at least.
    Stiff now, suspect it will be worse tomorrow.
  • veronese68
    Yes thanks, got his details and my BC membership for insurance chasing. Most annoyed about the bike as a lot of time went into that, all it needed to finish was bar tape.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot V, that’s shite
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Not good at all V, I take it you got their details if your chasing via BC. as Oxo said, bikes are replaceable humans not so. Medicinal alcohol clearly needed now to calm your nerves.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Not the best start to the day, riding to work and got taken out. Some censored cut across the front of me and hit the brakes, not enough space for me to go anywhere. I'm a bit battered, trip to A&E revealed no breaks thankfully but ligament damage which can be worse and they glued my face back together. Might improve my looks when the swelling goes down but I think I'm a lost cause in that respect. Bad news is the old red frame is bent, hopefully repairable at least.
    Stiff now, suspect it will be worse tomorrow.

Ouch, sounds painful - hope the ligaments are not too badly damaged. Blame Boris for making you go to work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Thanks chaps, I'll be alright in time. I haven't asked the bloke if he'd gone for a drive to test his eyesight, judging by the standard I'd say he needs glasses.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    was he furtive looking with an anorak?

good that you aren't too badly hurt
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Best wishes V68.
  • veronese68
    Thanks, he looked oriental and he had hair. He was shaking so I wasn't mean to him, if he doesn't do the right thing I may change my mind.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Glad you're ok. Sounds just like my wipeout at new year but with more bike damage.
    Hope Mrs v68 has been out and got you a load of painkillers for tomorrow.
  • pinno
    Nice paint job. Pity.
    Was the handlebars slippy without bar tape snd you lost control? :)

Dream of an insurance claim and an old Mexico with Croce D'aune, Wolber tubs and Binotto* tape, Turbo saddle**.

*No, it's shyte.
    ** Not at your age.
  • Stevo_666

Glad you're ok. Sounds just like my wipeout at new year but with more bike damage.
    Hope Mrs v68 has been out and got you a load of painkillers for tomorrow.

Tomorrow's Wednesday so he can drink beer.
  • pinno
    Today is Tuesday and he needs beer.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2020
    pinno said:

Today is Tuesday and he needs beer.

Apparently the EPO lets him out on a Wednesday.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Nice paint job. Pity.
    Was the handlebars slippy without bar tape snd you lost control? :)

No, temporary bike lane finished and the guy just cut across the end of the cones without looking, I had slowed a little to go round the queuing traffic ahead but hadn't anticipated quite such a stupid move, made worse that I shoulder checked to make sure I had space to move out behind him just as he swung in. Unfortunately as I hit the back of him I may not get anything. Witness hasn't returned my call yet so hoping she does.
  • pinno

...I hit the back of him I may not get anything.

That, unfortunately, puts it n a grey area but surely the BC legal chaps know their stuff.