sunday daydreaming in the spinfoam

'ning

should be a bit brighter and milder

long ride followed by long laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast ,milder, car to wash, trainer , gardening , and hopefully catch a few rays if the sun makes an appearance today
    Have a good day
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    oxoman said:

. Lincolndave you will be free to roam again soon.

4 more weeks, not that I’m counting :)

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Morning all, must get out of bed for shower and to feed the pests. Need to continue eyeing gumtree and the bay for a new bike for my daughter 5'2" so if you know anyone with a small road bike they want to off load.....
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Got a few jobs to do including repairing a chest of drawers and getting some food supplies in. I'll leave the hound walking to the other two.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another fine day. Busy-ish morning with usual chores. Mowed the clumps of stuff alleged to be "grass" out the front.

Slow bimble out to nearby beach on gravel roads and trails with Other Half, then brisk long walk late afternoon.

Made pizza for dinner. Excellent.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Serviced the road bike yesterday, out for a good longish ride today, big smile. Lots of abandoned cars in the countryside lanes and several groups of four or more walking four abreast across the road, what’s that all about?

Coffee, ice-cream and bath now
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Serviced the road bike yesterday, out for a good longish ride today, big smile. Lots of abandoned cars in the countryside lanes and several groups of four or more walking four abreast across the road, what’s that all about?

Dckheads, that what it's about. They get pissywhen you want to come past.
    Maybe when they get run over it will reduce the covid death count.

Boring stuff here. Watched a couple of binky episodes then did the shopping. Got a can of lithium spray grease so everything in the house that moves has been greased.
    Now making an ambitious bracket, well the machine is doing all the work while I watch.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Day of pottering with no pressure. Tidied the garage in preparation for new doors Tuesday, it's only 24 years since the current one tried to take my head off and my temporary fix would need upgrading without new doors. Then back to my mum's with the lad to finish hacking ivy off the front of the house.

Need to continue eyeing gumtree and the bay for a new bike for my daughter 5'2" so if you know anyone with a small road bike they want to off load.....

Hoppy has first refusal on a 53cm Giant CFR for junior, if it's no good for him it may be an option. Although that may be too big for 5'2" I guess. Far too small for me is all I know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Good day mixing jobs (painting), cycling and drinking
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, lovely spin earlier, minor snag one of the etap batteries decided it would be the perfect time to go flat. swapped it round so I had rear gears but no front so not as fast but so nice to be out an doing decent miles.

Builders coming tomorrow to chop a hole in the back end of the garage so that will delight the miserable neighbours, meh!

Anyway beer on the patio!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    spent all day staring at gumtree and ebay trying to buy a bike for my daughter. No one puts the size on the ads or replies to queries until they've sold it... Anyway, took her out for a bike ride pm and Lots of cars about, especially on the road to Sandbanks. Some fwit in an Austin seven out for drive had his wheel come off, suspension collapsed leaving the axle embeded in the tarmac.. Gave up trying to buy a bike for my daughter and got one for my son instead...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199

Now making an ambitious bracket, well the machine is doing all the work while I watch.

@thistle_(mbnw) Did you enter the bracket in the Bracket comp.?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

@thistle_(mbnw) Did you enter the bracket in the Bracket comp.?

The quarantine car show one? No, because it wasn't for a car and it was plastic (I got the impression it had to be metal with copious amounts of welding and machining)
  • pinno
    A plastic bracket ?! [insert rolling eyes icon].
  • thistle_
    edited May 2020
    Does the job, I don't currently have the means to make an alu angle bracket with that many holes/slots :(
  • pinno
    That's quite smart that is. What is it?
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

That's quite smart that is. What is it?

Needed a vibration damper on the motor of my 3D printer which is 3mm thick. The drive wheel is press fit and you can't adjust the position so you need to reposition the motor mount 3mm closer to the belt.

Some slotted holes in the original angle bracket would have done the same job.
  • pinno
    So you made that red plastic wheel housing?
    Out of Nylon by any chance?
    What do you print with the 3d printer?
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

So you made that red plastic wheel housing?
    Out of Nylon by any chance?
    What do you print with the 3d printer?

It's something called PLA. I think it's only used by 3D printers.
  • pinno
    So hang on - you 3d printed the bracket for the 3d printer?

I like that circle.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Looks smart, every house should have a 3D printer.

Can't disagree with that - we sell 'em, amongst other things. Wonder if it can print a new wife?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

If it does modify it without a voice box. :oo:) Don't tell my OH

Just get the optional remote control.