friday without end

'ning

ride for a socially distanced visit, coffee and nyt at some point, wfh a bit
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Hopefully work should be calmer today. Run early doors and if I can get away at a reasonable time a play on the fun bike later. The Chris Moyles DJ set followed by old cycling clubs zoom meet up - all enjoyed in the home bar 😎

Early ish night as off tomorrow morning to pick up the TT bike
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast and windy looks like it’s rained overnight,
    at least it will save me watering the garden, turbo ,house work what a life
    Have a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Another warm sunny with me mostly stuck indoors, but should be a quietish day as a lot of Europe is having a long weekend now. Will finish packaging up a load of downhill kit that I'm getting shot of later on, followed by a run in the park/woods, then some plonk.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, warm, windy an rain appears imminent. Garden based shenanigans today digging out an moving large plants, what joy!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning
    Wet this morning, especially running through long grass. The bees didn't appreciate me stopping to photograph the bird box they had commandeered, then got chased out a field by a herd of bullocks.
    It's sunny now, but blowing a hooley.
    WFH, or trying to at least. Motivation levels are low today.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    step83 said:

Morning, warm, windy an rain appears imminent. Garden based shenanigans today digging out an moving large plants, what joy!

Shouldn't you still be convalescing? That be hard work that be.

It's gone windy and grey and wet. Toots schooling today followed by baking bread then later, making Naan bread for Chicken Curry. Without Nigella seeds, run out.

Waiting for Porker bits.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    pinno said:

step83 said:

It's gone windy and grey and wet. Toots schooling today followed by baking bread then later, making Naan bread for Chicken Curry. Without Nigella seeds, run out.

Waiting for Porker bits.
    Maybe it's the MTFU approach to convalescence?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Waiting for Porker bits.
    Maybe it's the MTFU approach to convalescence?
    Maybe building standards might report tall, green flowering plants with a certain leaf pattern.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    WFH, breezy out so wont be doing much apart from picking up stuff off the garden that has blown about.

Planning an open water swim on Monday when the weather cheers up a bit, should be fun...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Afternoon. About to log off and then get ready for a Zwift group ride.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    edited May 2020
    far too much traffic out this morning, add on the roadworks/temporary traffic lights and kings road was just miserable, but at least the forecast rain only managed about two drops

sun came out properly around 12-ish and wfh was canned for a couple of hours basking, a bit too breezy, almost lost my towel

weekend looks cloudy and much cooler until monday
  • pinno
    T47 sent this:
    (in his garden)

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dat some sungod bait. Unless he's succumbed to the tawny early.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

T47 sent this:
    (in his garden)

awww, glad to know t47 and the tabbies are doing well
  • step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Waiting for Porker bits.
    Was 3-5ft shrubs OH helping. Should be fun in a couple of weeks, got the windows being replaced, and sparky in doing garage electrics on the same day, I booked the windows OH confirmed the electrician date. Oops! Meh all I have to do is dig a trench for the cabling.
    May put in the sockets, light switches and conduit myself, need to have a chat with the guy first make sure hes fine to P part it. Faff ahead!
  • sungod
  • pinno
    edited May 2020
    step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Waiting for Porker bits.
    Was 3-5ft shrubs OH helping. Should be fun in a couple of weeks, got the windows being replaced, and sparky in doing garage electrics on the same day, I booked the windows OH confirmed the electrician date. Oops! Meh all I have to do is dig a trench for the cabling.
    May put in the sockets, light switches and conduit myself, need to have a chat with the guy first make sure hes fine to P part it. Faff ahead!
    The regs on external underground cabling is such that my sparky told me to bury it and then the depth (as far as he was concerned) was fine. I dug 18". F*ck 'em.
    He did the rest including fitting a fuse box and circuit breakers.
    Then I dug an even shallower ditch to the shed and buried a cable. Wired that in myself.
  • step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Waiting for Porker bits.
    The regs on external underground cabling is such that my sparky told me to bury it and then the depth (as far as he was concerned) was fine. I dug 18". F*ck 'em.
    Then I dug an even shallower ditch to the shed and buried a cable. Wired that in myself.
    Yeah Im happy laying the deep cable, just not totally sure where to take the spur, theres a socket in the lounge which is closest, that or it'll be direct off the consumer panel (second one will go into the garage anyway because regs I think) It'll be one maybe two lights and a pair of double sockets. Biggest power draw will be a table saw so 1800W, but short bursts anyway so I reckon it'll be fine off the existing socket. I'll have a word see how he wants to do it.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:
    Ye ke ye ke. Soundtrack to some messy nights. RIP.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    The subtitles really didn't help, in fact they got in the way at times.
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Cracking day for windsurfing.
    Pity my local water isn't open until tomorrow!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    pinno said:

T47 sent this:
    (in his garden)

Nasturtiums in the background, great for salads, but the foliage bottom right looks a bit like a weed. Ahem. 🙂

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Waiting for Porker bits.
    Yeah Im happy laying the deep cable, just not totally sure where to take the spur, theres a socket in the lounge which is closest, that or it'll be direct off the consumer panel (second one will go into the garage anyway because regs I think) It'll be one maybe two lights and a pair of double sockets. Biggest power draw will be a table saw so 1800W, but short bursts anyway so I reckon it'll be fine off the existing socket. I'll have a word see how he wants to do it.
    Aren't you limiting scope? Please have it wired in to the consumer panel. I doubt the sparky would be content with any other solution anyway.
    I would always err on higher capacity. Breakers in your garage - 2 loops, 3 CB's: 1 for lighting, 1 for sockets, 1 spare.
  • step83
    oxoman said:

Step. Suitably protected and sized cable from the consumer unit to a small shed style 3 way mini consumer unit. Feeding lights, sockets and as already mentioned a spare. Current regs basically say RCD trips for everything so should be safe in event of faults. I've seen everything from armoured cable the correct way underground to flex or twin and earth run in water/gas and hose pipe run underground or slung at back of the borders. PS yes I'm originally a sparky by trade.

Yeah was looking to get a 2 way with RCD trip which i think counts technically as three way?
    I was going to get some 25mm black flex conduit an run the armoured cable in that down about two feet on a gravel bed.
    Only thing I'm wondering is most direct route for the cable from the lounge takes it to the front of the garage, not sure if its within regs to run the cable in and to the back of the garage to have the consumer panel there rather than as it comes in. Just be easier at the back than front as I'll be in that end more often.
  • step83
    oxoman said:

Nothing to stop you taking a cable to the back of the garage for your consumer unit as long as you don't put a joint in it before the point of connection. The cable must also have its own fault protection ie fuse or trip. It used to be standard practice at one stage to just tag a fused spur off the nearest socket. I don't use anything over the swa unless I'm expecting to pull it out at some stage or say embedded in concrete. Just bed in sand or gravel and officially we used to put warning tape over the top. In a bigger installation we may install maker tiles as well about 150mm above the cable before final back filling. The old saying is out of sight out of mind. Part P is a lottery IMHO, several mates are part P and not sparkies. Joiners and plumbers they use it as a means to do fitted kitchens and bathrooms, central heating etc. Guess who gets the call if they censored up or its something different to the norm.

True, I had a chat with him, hes said long as I can evidence whats been done with photos hes happy to drill out the wall and terminate then sign it off. He reckons only an hour or twos work if I put the plugs an lights in. He's coming round in the week to confirm which socket can be used or if we need to go straight from the existing panel out to the garage one.