thursday in the exact nature of the catastrophe

'ning

mild again but forecast cloud, ride coffee nyt, webex, bask if cloud clears
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, yet another lovely start to the day ,barometer going back towards rain, usual type of day .
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Just started raining here 🙄
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    ride almost felt warm, bit of hazy cloud, satellite pics looking positive so far

time for a pre-webex stroll
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    A lot of Europe on holiday today so quieter than normal. Another warm one today so may head out to the garden at some point once work is done. Forecast thundery showers are no more.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks, but not for long.
    Another day of wfh, a little less manic than the last couple of days at least. Quite pleasant out, not that I've seen much of it. Might take an early lunch and go in search of supplies. Exciting stuff, hopefully go for a little ride later and check on the old dear whilst I'm out. Apparently a pub near here was serving pints yesterday. Plastic rather than glass and take away so scraping in under the current rules I guess. One downside of this pandemic is there is a lot more rubbish being generated, single use plastic is back with a vengeance.
    Enjoy the rest of your day people
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    oxoman said:

The new litter is rubber gloves and disposable masks rather than fast food wrappers I've noticed. :s:'(

Exactly, get to the exit of the supermarket car park and as you stop at the give way lines you carefully unpeel one glove using the other gloved hand. Then keeping the tips of your fingers in the not quite fully removed glove unpeel the other one. Then press the down button on your electric window before lobbing them out the window as you drive off.
    Cnuts!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Turned out better than expected. Went for a drive up the coast to get fish and chips for lunch. Excellent, little van right where the boats dock. Scenic drive home over a dirt road I've not been down before. If it wasn't a long way from home and involved a *very* long steady climb it would make an awesome day out on a gravel bike...

Late afternoon walk when we got home, then risotto with fresh asparagus, mushrooms and gruyere.

Lovely still evening it was out there too...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Mmmm work is getting in my way of finding some cheap wheels for the newly purchased TT bike
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    another hot and sunny bask, started on the decameron, not sure i've the patience for it at the moment, may turn into a multi-year read, which reminds me i still need to finish off travels in arabia deserta
  • Stevo_666

oxoman said:

The new litter is rubber gloves and disposable masks rather than fast food wrappers I've noticed. :s:'(

Exactly, get to the exit of the supermarket car park and as you stop at the give way lines you carefully unpeel one glove using the other gloved hand. Then keeping the tips of your fingers in the not quite fully removed glove unpeel the other one. Then press the down button on your electric window before lobbing them out the window as you drive off.
    Cnuts!
    It's easier to just wash your hands afterwards. In any event Waitrose have a young lad near the entrance who disinfect the trolley handles before you collect one.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Cnuts!
    It's easier to just wash your hands afterwards. In any event Waitrose have a young lad near the entrance who disinfect the trolley handles before you collect one.
    Tesco here in scumville have a lovely lady who does the same.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Cnuts!
    She might even work for them.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Cnuts!
    Hopefully it'll give some of the great unwashed a subtle hint that they need to do the same for themselves.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

not sure i've the patience for it at the moment, may turn into a multi-year read

I've been starting Anna Karenina every 2 years for the last 20. You'd think I'd have given up by now.

• hopkinb

Cnuts!

People.

• hopkinb

Went for a drive up the coast to get fish and chips for lunch. Excellent.

Late afternoon walk when we got home, then risotto with fresh asparagus, mushrooms and gruyere.

That's a good eating day.

I've bought a couple of kilos of chicken wings. Going to make stock at the weekend, mainly for risotto. Asparagus season. I make it with the tougher ends finely diced in at the beginning with the shallots, then top with steamed tips and some sautéed mushrooms after the mantecatura.

A fuller bodied & flavoured white wine. Maybe a white rioja, or a marsanne/rousanne blend from SW France, or one of those delicious Aussie semillons from Hunter Valley.

I had spaghetti with short rib ragu. No wine.

• Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

I've bought a couple of kilos of chicken wings.

I see you're taking heed of Stevo's top tips. Going to give the dog a couple?
  • hopkinb
    Too good for dogs! Love a chicken wing.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Too good for dogs! Love a chicken wing.

You mean git ;) Ours had organic ones the other day.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    hopkinb said:

Went for a drive up the coast to get fish and chips for lunch. Excellent.

That's a good eating day.

I've bought a couple of kilos of chicken wings. Going to make stock at the weekend, mainly for risotto. Asparagus season. I make it with the tougher ends finely diced in at the beginning with the shallots, then top with steamed tips and some sautéed mushrooms after the mantecatura.

A fuller bodied & flavoured white wine. Maybe a white rioja, or a marsanne/rousanne blend from SW France, or one of those delicious Aussie semillons from Hunter Valley.

I had spaghetti with short rib ragu. No wine.

Mmmmmmmm. Chicken wings. Preferred Sunday roast dish for us.

Sounds like my method for the risotto too. I use a fair splash of white wine (pinot gris in this case) cooking it, but much as I like a good riesling to drink, there’s something in it (and a lot of other whites) that triggers mild allergy in the other half. He drinks a variety of Rosé instead of white so I finished the pinot gris.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stuff the wings, I leave them for the kids and we have the breast meat.

Oxo, give a couple of raw ones to the hound, he will love them.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

He's tight though.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

He's tight though.
    I'm sure Aldi sell chicken wings. Just don't tell the dog.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

He's tight though.
    I'm sure Aldi sell chicken wings. Just don't tell the dog.
    Unfortunately, the dog is too malnourished and weak to know what's going on.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!