Your Opinion on Wellbeing during Lockdown

I’m really interested in getting the opinions of cyclists during the COVID-19 lockdown! My name is Dr Adam Coussens, and I am a Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Psychology at Newcastle University.

If you could complete the following relatively short questionnaire that would be much appreciated!

https://nclbiomedical.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3X9vXtT7LXNk9Tv (link is external)

What is the purpose of the study?
This study aims to understand the effects of social isolation across three different timepoints during COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on athletes' psychological wellbeing and perceptions of loneliness.

What are the possible benefits of taking part?
A benefit of participating in the study is that it will allow you to have a better understanding of the stress you might experience during COVID-19, the support available from existing social networks, psychological wellbeing, and any perceived feelings of loneliness.

Will participation in the study be kept confidential?
At no stage will your name be asked or revealed in any part of the study, and no reference will be made which could link you in the study. All information provided will be handled in strict confidence and will be seen only by the researchers.

If you have any questions regarding this research, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your time and for completing the questionnaire. Interested to hear your thoughts!

Dr Adam Coussens

Email: adam.coussens@ncl.ac.uk Twitter: @adamcuzz

Comments

• neilophenia
    neilophenia Posts: 29
    Hi Adam, I just started the questionnaire but it seems aimed more at the more elite athletes. Is it of any help to you if non-competing cyclists complete it?
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    And the age grouping stops at 50.

How to alienate people?
  • neilophenia
    neilophenia Posts: 29
    And no reply. I know what he can do with his questionnaire ;)