wednesday is fallen

'ning

should be milder start and then sunny from the look of things

ride, coffee, nyt, wfh, webex, bask, relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, no rain or wind , blue skies bring on the tropical weather, besides that trainer, wash the car not that it’s dirty
    Catch a few rays
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mmm planned slower start didn’t go to plan!

Walk hounds, then a gentle run then walk stuff. Later maybe the fun bike and hopefully less work than last night
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Was going to go for a ride and enjoy the lovely weather, but it's gone foggy all of a sudden.

Hopefully it's just rising out of the valley and by the time I've had a brew it will have gone.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    it's official, the lovely carol kirkwood proclaimed scorchio, great days
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    sungod said:

Let’s hope she is right ☀️☀️☀️

• thistle_

sungod said:

Let’s hope she is right ☀️☀️☀️

My house was in that cloud:

Now it's cleared, its gorgeous here, perfect for a bike ride.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Going to be a hott-ish one here down in The Smoke suburbs, may need to catch a few rays while topping up the fish pond this afternoon.

Must be lunch time soon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    said adios webex about 1030 and headed for my basking towel, scorchio in the sun, 27 in the shade

nipped down and out for an ice cream, currently sipping a well-chilled post-bask citron pressé
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Got a middle of day ride in, first in a week, and first in a long time in the area where I lived before for many many years. I have to relearn the pothole patterns. And kept seeing things different to how they were back in the day.

But hot. But absolutely good for the state of mind. Going out for an hour or 2 on the bike is just so good.
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    Baking here in London.
    Rode into work this morning about 6am and road home using my longer route. Only 38kms in total but I’m doing it everyday.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day of WFH, lovely outside and I was stuck indoors. Had new garage doors fitted yesterday and had to supervise the lad painting the walls today. All looks very good and the extra locks I added seem to work well.
    Only managed a ride round the block to see if chain still slips on old bike, luckily it seems ok.
    Today being Wednesday means virtual pub night. Not quite the same.
    Stevo, what's stropteen doing about uni next year? I see Cambridge are going online only, not sure about others. Looks like Freshers shenanigans will be severely curtailed at the very least. Female child had already decided to defer and that had already been accepted luckily, now a lot of her friends are looking at doing the same. DHL, do you have any thoughts if you're reading? Or Flan if on a rare visit.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo, what's stropteen doing about uni next year? I see Cambridge are going online only, not sure about others. Looks like Freshers shenanigans will be severely curtailed at the very least. Female child had already decided to defer and that had already been accepted luckily, now a lot of her friends are looking at doing the same. DHL, do you have any thoughts if you're reading? Or Flan if on a rare visit.

She's going for it this year if she gets the predicted grades - she figures a 5 year course is long enough without adding a gap year. Also I reckon enough students will be doing the same as your kid that they might have to lower the grade requirement for this year to fill their places - so if she slips a grade she might still get in this September.

Also not sure how you're meant to teach veterinary medicine online only?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Shakes head slowly, wot wiv all this Brian May stylee 70s hair going on.

When I went to University, the tuition fees were covered, we were given a grant to cover living expenses. Ok I graduated with nowt in my bank balance but also I did not haVe 60-80k debts.

So htf does this online uni courses work then? Why does a teen pay 9kpa or whatever the current skim rate is for something over the web. Got some public sector economics issues a-coming. Education final salary pension schemes for example.

New world a-comin', innit.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Maybe they post you some roadkill and you have to send it back tidied up as best as you can.
    Oh wait, that's taxidermy.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo_666 said:

...topping up the fish pond this afternoon.

...lunch time soon...

Sushi?

Porker #1 is running but I have an oil leak. Bollox.

Never mind that bollox, help elephants:

https://www.ifaw.org/international
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251

Stevo_666 said:

Maybe they post you some roadkill and you have to send it back tidied up as best as you can.
    Oh wait, that's taxidermy.

If you bring it back to life would it be an instant pass?

Sounds like she's thought about it and has a plan. You're right about the 5 years after a year off, the lad has realised that as he's in year 2 and still has 3 years ahead of him, although 1 is a placement. Female child had been planning a year out already, the only thing that might have stopped her was an unconditional offer. Not sure what she's going to do with her time, jobs will be hard to come by with more competition from her peers and who knows what travelling will be like.
    Not great times for anyone but a bit of a downer on what should be a momentous year for them.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Shakes head slowly, wot wiv all this Brian May stylee 70s hair going on.

When I went to University, the tuition fees were covered, we were given a grant to cover living expenses. Ok I graduated with nowt in my bank balance but also I did not haVe 60-80k debts.

So htf does this online uni courses work then? Why does a teen pay 9kpa or whatever the current skim rate is for something over the web. Got some public sector economics issues a-coming. Education final salary pension schemes for example.

New world a-comin', innit.

Not sure yet - will vary by uni and maybe by course. I'm assuming I'll have to stump up the full fees. I nearly forgot how easy a grant made it.
  • pinno
    Rolls Royce?
  • pinno
    Mini Oxo CV

Young.
    Eager.
    Can paint in Yellow.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Mini Oxo CV

Young.
    Eager.
    Can paint in Yellow.

Choose two?