Trek Procaliber 9.7 2020 model or Giant xtc advanced 1 2018?

I am looking to replace my current XTC advanced 1 2015, which my son has grown into. I fancy the Trek but Paul’s cycles have a XTC Advanced 1 2018 in the sale for about £200 more than the Trek, with a much better spec. Has anyone got any opinions on either of these bikes. To be used for xc racing and trail riding.

Comments

• proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Good luck trying to find. ProCaliber 9.7. Seem to be out of stock everywhere and new stock not being available until August!
  • shawny
    shawny Posts: 33
    Since they got a 5 star review, are they really that good??
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    General advise on any bike your looking at is try to find genuine customer reviews. Riders who own the same bike and have had them for a while will know a lot more about them long term.

Reviews on bike magazines etc. only usually test them for a short time so won't know bikes in as much detail as someone who owns one.
  • shawny
    shawny Posts: 33
    Doesn’t seem like anyone on here use them?
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185

General advise on any bike your looking at is try to find genuine customer reviews. Riders who own the same bike and have had them for a while will know a lot more about them long term.

Ask your question on pink bike, Americans are always banging on about Trek and Giant bikes. They will tell you everything you would ever need to know about them, in detail.