Brake Pad Confusion

So I have gone and bought an Shimano MT6000 caliper and I’ve read it uses G02S pads, but in the blurb it states that I can use Ice Technologies Pads. So I had a full google search and could not find any ice technology G02S pads, I’m assumed then that ice technology means fins so had another google search and find any finned pads that would work in an mt6000 caliper, so....
Can an MT6000 use finned pads and if so which ones
Or just stick with the pads that come with the caliper (assuming it comes with pads!)

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited May 2020
    Your M6000 caliper should come supplied with non finned resin pads.

Finned pads are compatible with with your caliper.

Genuine Shimano finned, resin pads are J02S. The G02S are non finned resin pads.

Any other pads can be used regardless of brand and brake type providing they are the same shape and outline.

This pad shape key shows pad shapes that Shimano (and other brands) use with their brake models (underlined). As long as the replacement pads you choose have the S5 shape, finned or not they will be compatible with your M6000 caliper.

• ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284

Your M6000 caliper should come supplied with non finned resin pads.

Finned pads are compatible with with your caliper.

Genuine Shimano finned, resin pads are J02S. The G02S are non finned resin pads.

Any other pads can be used regardless of brand and brake type providing they are the same shape and outline.

This pad shape key shows pad shapes that Shimano (and other brands) use with their brake models (underlined). As long as the replacement pads you choose have the S5 shape, finned or not they will be compatible with your M6000 caliper.

Amazingly helpful answer, thank you so so much. You are a star!!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited May 2020
    Scroll down THIS PAGE and it indicates which Shimano pads are compatible with your Deore callipers.
    (Click on the down arrow under Product Specification to open up the table.)
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284
    JBA said:

Scroll down THIS PAGE and it indicates which Shimano pads are compatible with your Deore callipers.
    (Click on the down arrow under Product Specification to open up the table.)

Awesome, thanks for this JBA. Very helpful.