Brake and bits upgrade question.

Hello
I have a Bianchi viaNirone7 since 2019 with all stock gear.
At the time of buying it last year I read the reviews, they said the frame v/good but let down by the components... brakes/tyres/ ext
It's equiped with shimano sora but the brakes are the naff reparto corsa in order to save money.
I got the bike for £500 quid new as it was the previous years model.
So I plan on buying a pair of conti gp 4000 tyres so thats that.
Now the brakes, I know they are not direct mount but just regular dual pivot calipers so I have no idea about compatibility, ie would I also have to upgrade the brake levers and so on? also with which brakes would I see a noticible difference
Any input appreciated.

Comments

• jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Any Shimano brakes from the last 5 years or so will work fine. 105 5800 or 7000 series will be a noticeable upgrade (as will the Ultegra 6800 or 8000 and Dura-ace 7900 or 9000, but then you're usually paying considerably more for not much improvement over 105)
  • tokenvelo
    tokenvelo Posts: 9
    jameses said:

Any Shimano brakes from the last 5 years or so will work fine. 105 5800 or 7000 series will be a noticeable upgrade (as will the Ultegra 6800 or 8000 and Dura-ace 7900 or 9000, but then you're usually paying considerably more for not much improvement over 105)

oh thanks for the fast reply v/much appreciate that, it has cleared things up now.