Groupset sold out!

After having constant rubbing issues in my front mech I’m toying with the idea of fully upgrading my groupset from Shimano sora to the new 105.

Problem is the 105 is sold out almost everywhere

Comments

• dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Buy it in parts rather than a whole.
    You can often get it cheaper that way too!
  • Ah ok I’ll have a look into that thanks
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I'd start with just the front mech if I were you. Are you sure it's aligned properly ?

A whole new groupset seems overkill.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,851
    Last time I looked ~6 weeks ago, you could source 105 hydraulic groupset cheaper as individual components... How does that work?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • fenix said:

I'd start with just the front mech if I were you. Are you sure it's aligned properly ?

A whole new groupset seems overkill.

Yup it’s been back in the bike shop 3 times.

At the start of the ride it’s fine then by the end of the ride it’s rubbing and enough to hear and annoy you!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,855
    I'd be changing my bike shop.
    This should not happen with a correctly set up derailleur, at any level.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,219
    Does the Sora LH STI have the trim facility, if so is it working correctly?
  • dj58 said:

Does the Sora LH STI have the trim facility, if so is it working correctly?

Yeah the trim works fine. I’ve got a 3000 front derailleur on but my old one was a 3500 as it’s the older one so maybe it could be that??
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,219
    Assuming that you have ST-3500 2x9 speed, the Shimano compatibility chart suggest that the ST-3500 STI is not compatible with the FD-3000.
  • dj58 said:

Assuming that you have ST-3500 2x9 speed, the Shimano compatibility chart suggest that the ST-3500 STI is not compatible with the FD-3000.

Yup I think that’s where the problem is so I’ve ordered the 3500 which should be here in the next couple of days. It’s a hard pet to get hold off so that’s why I got the 3000 one.
  • Last time I looked ~6 weeks ago, you could source 105 hydraulic groupset cheaper as individual components... How does that work?

I did the same thing with the R7000 rim-brake groupset!

• Have you considered going for Ultegra R800 instead? There seems to be good availability and discounts. I upgraded fro my old Ultegra 6500 10 speed; massive improvement all round
    I want to climb hills so badly;
    and I climb hills so badly