monday ç'est la vie ç'est le tricolor

'ning

be lazy, coffee and nyt, wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk, then a gentle run, then work.

Later is collect the good fun bike from the doctors and have a little play on the way home 😎
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild but windy but it won’t affect me on the turbo
    Have a good week, stay safe
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Morning. Earliest I've been out of bed for two months... need to feed the offspring, emails, then collect my boys new bike. Triban 3 junior for £28, bargain. Espresso first mind.
  • darkhairedlord
    tlw1 said:

Later is collect the good fun bike from the doctors and have a little play on the way home 😎

What's it doing at the docs? Dont forget some alcohol wipes to disinfect it first.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

tlw1 said:

What's it doing at the docs? Dont forget some alcohol wipes to disinfect it first.
    😂 some idiot tried to fix some of it himself 🙄
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Triban 3 junior for £28, bargain.

Has it got round wheels and real brakes?!

Cloudy and grey. Garden needs this wet stuff.

Schooling with Shorty. Should be fun. We've ripped through the home pack way ahead of time. I might go back to Daddy's tricky Maths, English, Geography and life stuff like bacteria, deep sea phosphorescent creatures etc.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited May 2020
    Morning All,

Work efforts were distracted by the devil dogs, who tired themselves out after a few skirmishes over a bone.

Have now retired to the study before they get the strength back for round 2.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, builders here doing builder things, namely being noisy so all seems good, expecting next door to be knocking shortly asking for the noise to stop, quick how you make a masonry cutter quiet is beyond me. Box the guy in a sound proofed enclosure?

Meh anyway mid typing she did come round and moan, told her it will be all day (lies) neighbour other side wants to see what its like when done as he fancies having it done too.
    Anyway coffee to grind and grass to chop before the dog starts munching it again.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Anyway coffee to grind and grass to chop before the dog starts munching it again.

Our dogs help keep the grass in check. Not sure why they like it so much as the lawn doubles up their toilet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Nice day. Went riding up the road to nearby beach.

Bit cool for a bask or swim, but still a lovely spot.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

Bit cool for a bask or swim

You won't get any sympathy from us WS :)

Out of interest, how far are you from civilisation (shops, restaurants etc) ?
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

Nearest decent grocery shop is ~ 25km, bigger one is 35. Very few restaurants out this way, one local club about 8km does good food, if a little lacking in ambience.. Couple of decent cafes and restaurants up near that first grocery place.

Driving to centre of city (Hobart) is about 45 km. Although, I can see it from my living room windows.

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Nearest decent grocery shop is ~ 25km, bigger one is 35. Very few restaurants out this way, one local club about 8km does good food, if a little lacking in ambience.. Couple of decent cafes and restaurants up near that first grocery place.

Driving to centre of city (Hobart) is about 45 km. Although, I can see it from my living room windows.

Gotcha - quite secluded then. The mention of Hobart rings a bell - do you still have Radio 780? :smile:
    https://youtu.be/FBAhG0FNqO0
  • Wheelspinner
    That station still exists I think, doubt they do the same jingoistic jingle however!

It’s a nice little village here, mostly pretty quiet. It’s at the very end of a peninsula, so no through traffic which helps, just weekend visitors mainly. Probably 1/3 of the houses/shacks are empty a lot of the time, short term rentals or just weekenders for rich folk.

This place is just back a couple miles along the road, owned I believe by a surgeon, has someone do maintenance, but in 2+ years only seen it actually lived in for a couple weekends at most. Such a waste.

That pic in mid summer, very dry. The whole place is lush green right now.
  • Stevo_666
    Looks very nice and 'get away from it all'.

I mention Radio 780 because in the 90's it used to get played on Capital Radio (one of the big London radio stations): there was a DJ called Chris Tarrant who played the cheesiest and crappiest jingles from provincial radio stations round the world.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    summoned energy for a bask while wfh-ing

warming up at least for a few days
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Aye, set fair until Thursday. I've been opening up the back of the house (sw facing) and doing the inside outside thing in the evening.
    A short ride after work, enlivened by some geriatric waste of fcuking oxygen trying to right hook me as I was barrelling along at 40 kph (tailwind). Slidey fishtail stop next to his ancient sh1t car. Get your fcuking eyes tested. I swear there was drool out of one corner of his mouth. No reaction. Oh well, I'm alive.

Has anyone seen my mini pump? It's disappeared. I'm on borrowed time before I get a p word.
  • darkhairedlord
    pinno said:

Triban 3 junior for £28, bargain.

Has it got round wheels and real brakes?!

Cloudy and grey. Garden needs this wet stuff.

Schooling with Shorty. Should be fun. We've ripped through the home pack way ahead of time. I might go back to Daddy's tricky Maths, English, Geography and life stuff like bacteria, deep sea phosphorescent creatures etc.

Laters.
    Yep, round wheels, real brakes plus the bar top cx style ones.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Looks cool DHL.

BTW Stevo/Step; your dogs have worms.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

How can you tell from up there? Ah, the grass eating. My dog doesn't eat grass. Because I replaced it with stone, gravel and earth. Not that she did before.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Looks cool DHL.

Thankfully she doesn't she likes long tufty things, brooms, long grass, feather dusters, all chompable, doesn't always eat more rip it and shake it around make sure its dead, dozy terrier disease its called. She gets a decent diet etc just likes some greens now and again, or a broom.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Looks cool DHL.

We give ours the regular worming treatment.