lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a cloud covering here at the moment ,but milder
    Let’s hope the sun pops outs sometime today
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    edited May 2020
    Where is the sun?

Long run, few jobs and probably a bike ride with the current wife before ale. But first the hounds need to go out
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Went for a spin on that bike thing I've got. Cool and cloudy but pleasant, and the sun came out for the last 10 minutes.
    Raspberry pi arriving today apparently. Need to work out how it fits in with my world domination strategy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Bit of brekkie shortly then drive to the country and let the hounds loose. After that, no idea.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

'Ning
    Went for a spin on that bike thing I've got. Cool and cloudy but pleasant, and the sun came out for the last 10 minutes.
    Raspberry pi arriving today apparently. Need to work out how it fits in with my world domination strategy.

Can you link that pi thingy up with the network of Russians and Chinese satellites?

Coronavirus: great for UK wildlife, very bad for big game in Africa.

Me doing other stuff today me.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Slowish start was had, still feeling less than 100% for some reason. More lounging doesn't seem to have fixed it yet, might have to pop some pills. Bit of pottering should be attempted I guess, maybe another low stress low tech ride.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Lazy day. Few house chores early, then extended bask till lunch. Out foraging this afternoon.

Visiting mother meant an evening shouting over cards, because the hearing aid batteries always die early.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bit of sitting about. A bit of trying to work out whether it's worth booking an emergency week in Cornwall in case the planned summer holiday in crete at the end of August fails to materialise. I was due to be flying to Almeria for a week of sun, jamón, secreto and jerez next Saturday, so a bit of self pity. A bit of listening to Mrs H³ specifying the home office for the end of the garden. A longish walk with them plus hound. So. Many. People.

Meh. Feckin' virus.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, been AWOL a few days on account of doing random crap, anyway back an still doing random crap!
    Was debating a Pi a while back to make an eInk weather reader thing. Never got further than making some of the code work in a basic fashion.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb said:

Bit of sitting about. A bit of trying to work out whether it's worth booking an emergency week in Cornwall in case the planned summer holiday in crete at the end of August fails to materialise. I was due to be flying to Almeria for a week of sun, jamón, secreto and jerez next Saturday, so a bit of self pity. A bit of listening to Mrs H³ specifying the home office for the end of the garden. A longish walk with them plus hound. So. Many. People.

Meh. Feckin' virus.

We have moved our week in Cornwall from easter to august 😢
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Was debating a Pi a while back to make an eInk weather reader thing. Never got further than making some of the code work in a basic fashion.

Get an ESP32 with the eInk attached.
    This is a TTGO T5 so comes with a socket for a lipo battery and built in USB charger. Lasts about 2 weeks between charges.
    It even reminds which which bin to put out.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

Meh. Feckin' virus.

We have moved our week in Cornwall from easter to august 😢
    The websites are taking bookings from 4th July, which is government's estimate of "phase 3". Trouble is that no one is offering refunds. A nice biggish house in somewhere near the sea in Devon of Cornwall is at least 2k. So do I take the risk of losing that, or the risk of everything being taken if the phase 3 date happens, or the risk of crete not happening, or the risk of the MASSIVE mood of Mrs H³ if no hols. Too many risks for my tiny head.
  • pinno
    Our hols are booked for the 17th July. Theoretically, as its in the sticks, we could still isolate?

If we don't get to go, we can transfer the booking till next summer. If that happens, we'll probably go somewhere in October.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    hopkinb said:

Meh. Feckin' virus.

Hmm... I reckon you might be wasting money. If Crete is cancelled then Cornwall might be as well. Or neither are but you can only go on one. If I were you I would tell Mrs H3 to pay for the backup hol with her own money if she's that bothered.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

step83 said:

This is a TTGO T5 so comes with a socket for a lipo battery and built in USB charger. Lasts about 2 weeks between charges.

Now that looks perfect as I didn't want it very big. Is the code online for it?
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

step83 said:

Now that looks perfect as I didn't want it very big. Is the code online for it?
    Sent you a PM
  • pinno
    You really want some software and a display to tell you: Cloudy, rain, cloudy rain, cloudy, rain?!