What to buy up to and around £1k

Looking at getting a new bike soon, not sure whether to go hard tail or full sus. Don't want to spend loads but would like a full sus if ones at around £1k are any good, if not will stick with ht. Bike at the moment is a 2016 Cannondale Trail 5, size large which is a little bit big for me, I'm 5'9 with inside leg of about 32".
So far came up with these:

Hardtails:
• Voodoo Bizango £650.00, Carbon £1000
• Vitus Sentier 27 VR £1,100
• Nukeproof Scout 290

Full sus:
• Calibre Bossnut £1,100
• Voodoo Canzo £1,000
• Jamis Daker A2 £1,095
• Carrera Titan X £ 800??
• Boardman MTR 8.6 £1000

Thoughts or suggestions please?

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    I reckon a great hardtail rather than an average full sus!

Top three on my wish list.

1) Nukeproof Scout 27.5"
    2) Ragley Marley
    3)Vitus Sentier

Voodoo are ok an bike, carbon version not much lighter than alloy so not worth an extra £350. Other Halford's brand bikes are below average. Don't know anything about Jamis.

Calibre Bossnut if you really want a full sus, heard good things about them but no first hand experience.
  • adamlc51
    adamlc51 Posts: 4
    So narrowed down a bit, leaning towards a FS as never had one and I ride on hard bumpy ground so should help.
    For HT now looking at Vitus Sentier 27 VR or Trek Roscoe 7 2020, FS Vitus Mythique 27 VRX, Norco Fluid FS 3 or the Bossnut.
    Don't know if I need to be spending loads on an FS or just spend around £600 on HT but want something new and nice that will last.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Good choices on the FS bikes and all are good and get great reviews. If it was me looking for one I would get the Vitus Mythique.

Very nice looking and a brand that I would trust to be solid and reliable. Has good forks, the Marzoochi has got Fox internals since they bought the brand out and good Monarch rear shock and a much better set of tyres than the others too.

Only negative on all three if I was being picky is the power spline bottom bracket, heard they're not the best but any problems will be sorted under warranty so not a worry.

Only one opinion and you have chosen probably the best three full suspension bikes in the price range but for me the Vitus wins overall.

• adamlc51
    Cheers for that. Yes it's seems to have the best components and looks good too, pink bike tested it along with the Bossnut and they said they would pick the Vitus, just the most expensive on my list, and currently out of stock.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    You have chosen the bike and found it out of stock (and it will remain so until the new higher priced model comes to market). So go find one that has been previously loved! :)
  • adamlc51
    It should be back in stock from mid June hopefully, according to Vitus.