Friday, No recycling today

Morning, lovely start bit cool though, same for me today ,no visitors either
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slow jog with the dogs then flat out work day then relax with Apple based drinks
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

nippy but bright

ride, coffee, nyt, few webexes, much maths
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    The forecast sunshine hasn't appeared. Nice temperature for outdoor activities though.
    WFH again. Might go for a bimble to the tip just to lol at the queue on the forst day of reopening.
  • sungod
    a smidge less nippy, wind has dropped, sun is shining, looks like it could be basking weather next week

much traffic, not helped by idiots going the wrong way down tottenham court road, though at least the closest one was fended off by a bus before he could get to me
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    sungod said:

a smidge less nippy, wind has dropped, sun is shining, looks like it could be basking weather next week

much traffic, not helped by idiots going the wrong way down tottenham court road, though at least the closest one was fended off by a bus before he could get to me

Isn't Tottenham Court Road 2 way now? (Apart from maybe the entrance to it from that big junction on the Marylebone Road)

Busy morning dealing with idiots of various nationalities. Good job these were all virtual meetings. I've earned a decent lunch now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    two-way for buses and cycles only

currently quite pleasant out in the sun
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    WFH as usual, been for a run this morning and might get out on the road this afternoon.

Had to bite the bullet and buy a new Surface today as my screen is having hissy fits.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Day off today so a slowish start was had. Been for a stroll through Richmond Park with the trouble, now enjoying a cup of tea. Still got a headache so not working hasn't helped that unfortunately. Need to go and see the old dear later as she's in a bit of a tiz.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    'ning

Glorious day. Drove out to shops with roof down, takeaway lunch sat by the water.

Back home and burned things. Half a dozen piles of dead branches and weeds in the paddock. Could have sent smoke signals off a couple of them to Far Far Away.

Late afternoon bike bimble.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Chicken wings. That's where it's at. 10 mins in the pressure cooker, then slather in hot sauce and finish on the grill. Plus imported San Miguel, not the brewed in the UK p1ss.

Me and mini have reached the last episode of mandalorian. It's really not bad at all. I keep seeing the studio ghibli stuff, that's our next viewing project.

Where le Pinnois at? I hope he's OK. I recall there are underlying health issues. Hopefully he is busy with tricky and shorty.
  • sungod
    hopkinb said:

Chicken wings. That's where it's at. 10 mins in the pressure cooker, then slather in hot sauce and finish on the grill. Plus imported San Miguel, not the brewed in the UK p1ss.

Me and mini have reached the last episode of mandalorian. It's really not bad at all. I keep seeing the studio ghibli stuff, that's our next viewing project.

Where le Pinnois at? I hope he's OK. I recall there are underlying health issues. Hopefully he is busy with tricky and shorty.

have you watched my neighbour totoro?

worth it just for the catbus, obviously i only got it for nieces and just happened to watch it
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2020
    hopkinb said:

He was fine as recently as Tuesday, apparently home schooling, gardening and his German scrapheap challenge are taking up a lot of his time.

Oh and yeah we love chicken wings as well. Or rather the dogs do, 3 each served raw and unseasoned. The crunching noises as they chew the bones can be a bit off-putting for some mind you. And the kitchen floor needs mopping afterwards.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

He was fine as recently as Tuesday, apparently home schooling, gardening and his German scrapheap challenge are taking up a lot of his time..
    He logged in yesterday but didn't post in the Thursday thread.
    Pray for @Pinno and @haydenm

• hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

He was fine as recently as Tuesday, apparently home schooling, gardening and his German scrapheap challenge are taking up a lot of his time.

Oh and yeah we love chicken wings as well. Or rather the dogs do, 3 each served raw and unseasoned. The crunching noises as they chew the bones can be a bit off-putting for some mind you. And the kitchen floor needs mopping afterwards.
    Hopefully he's just busy then.

Aren't chicken bones bad for dogs? Or is that just cooked ones, as they splinter easily. I give our dog those marrow bones. She loves them. Garden only though.
  • hopkinb
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

have you watched my neighbour totoro?

worth it just for the catbus, obviously i only got it for nieces and just happened to watch it
    never seen any of them. Just that the whole lot are on Netflix, and that they are well worth a watch, for kids and adults both.
  • veronese68
    Wobbled over to check on the old dear, still riding old school. Bit of a wobble when braking reasonably hard and trying to shift gears at the same time. Down tube shifters definitely make things more complicated but kind of enjoying it. Ride up a reasonably steep hill and the chain was slipping, think I need to increase spring tension in the rear mech. Nice day for a ride though.
    Celebrated the nearest chippy reopening by having fish and chips from another chippy.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2020
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Hopefully he's just busy then.

Aren't chicken bones bad for dogs? Or is that just cooked ones, as they splinter easily. I give our dog those marrow bones. She loves them. Garden only though.
    Mr. P is is busy but fine. No idea about Hayden though, I recall he was having a bit of a rough time after his wedding got cancelled: tried to convince him he had a lucky escape, but not sure he agreed.

Only cooked ones - it makes then go hard and splinter. The raw ones are fine - try a pack from the supermarket on your hound, she will love them. Stick to wings though, as the bones are smaller and easier to chew. (Ours are on a raw food diet so they're used to that sort of stuff - like getting steak tartare every day, lucky gits). Marrow bone also a good option, but one of ours is just too bloody lazy to put the effort in and chew it.

We've set up one of those dog agility courses in the garden and are trying to train ours to navigate them, it's hard work though.
  • Stevo_666

Celebrated the nearest chippy reopening by having fish and chips from another chippy.

Things are looking up then - I'm hoping they allow pubs with beer gardens to open. Or maybe give alcohol licenses to garden centres :smile:
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Things are looking up then - I'm hoping they allow pubs with beer gardens to open. Or maybe give alcohol licenses to garden centres :smile:
    Lets hope so. I saw our plumber getting into his van by our house earlier, pretty sure he'd been to the pub down the road.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Sold my beautiful 'forever' home, started at 5pm to move into a temp rental house on an estate. Life can be a challenge at times. Time out time, take time to work out the next chapter of my life. Life eh?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Lets hope so. I saw our plumber getting into his van by our house earlier, pretty sure he'd been to the pub down the road.
    Speakeasy?
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

Sold my beautiful 'forever' home, started at 5pm to move into a temp rental house on an estate. Life can be a challenge at times. Time out time, take time to work out the next chapter of my life. Life eh?

This sounds unbelievably sad 'loon. Hope you are OK.
  • tlw1
    edited May 2020
    hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

Plus potato
  • thistle_
    hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

Umm yeah this.
    Hope everything is ok.
  • Stevo_666
    Looney, fingers crossed this turn out OK. Stick around on here, you never know it might be therapeutic.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I'm fine thanks Thistle.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

I'm fine thanks Thistle.

Thank god for that
  • veronese68
    oxoman said:

Nice to see everyone is still hanging on still

Indeed, good luck with everything 'loon. And everyone else come to that.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Thanks y'all. Been a tough past 9 months, and the uncertainty caused by gummint insistence that exchange and completion of property sales happen on same day in these very odd times just piled on the stress.

Self moving and helped at times by daughter, brother and niece, so busy busy times. Still got loads to move from temporary storage. And I will be down-stuffing the accumulation of a life time. Is amazing just how much stuff gravitates into every corner, cupboard and shed.

Taking time out in this (actually quite ok) rental place, get my head back together and work out what and where next. Good bikes moved here today: once I return the hire van Monday some sanity preserving rides beckon.

Now then. Bring on the property price crash...