wednesday now the lesson is over and the killing's begun

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

Boss made an unscheduled call, so I wondered what it might be about...turned out it was to tell me what my bonus was. Phew :)

Aldi budget cava or Cristal? :)

We just all get given a letter on 1 June. I've done the spreadsheet for what I think the team should get, but we have to work within tight constraints. We are not really bonus payers, whether you turn yourself inside out, or just achieve your targets, you get the same %age (the expats are on a different system entirely). I aim for the latter and get a more than decent balance, and though there's not too much balance at the moment, we get to bank the hours and take them off later. Having worked at a bank for 15 years, through crisis after crisis, this feels more sane. I only ever had 2 or 3 really good years at the bank in terms of comp (~50% of base), and that was pre-2008. Never got a doughnut, except the one year where literally everyone did.

Slowly getting the hang of being the boss, I rather hope I get a resignation letter from guy who was previously at the same level as me, and was the "heir apparent", but who blew it by antagonising an interview panel of 4 senior guys by waffling, bullshitting and generally winging it (their words - maybe he has a future as Prime Minister). He ain't happy, he asked for a promotion (nowhere for him to go except my job, and to be honest, he is so secretive, I have no idea what he is up to), he asked for a payrise (delayed due to Covid). No reason to discipline/sack him as such, but I don't feel he's pulling as a part of the team - both his minions left in the last 6 months, and didn't have much good to say about him on exit. Unfortunately I know square root of f@ck all about what he deals with... Hmmm, steeples fingers and thinks...

Pah, never had to think about this sh!t before.

Wonder where @haydenm is. Do we have to pray for him again? There was meant to be a wedding I think. Maybe Mrs Hayden spontaneously combusted, taking him with her.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,730
    @haydenm? He talks to the trees but they're not listening to him, he talks to the stars but they never hear him. Bummer eh?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,712
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Boss made an unscheduled call, so I wondered what it might be about...turned out it was to tell me what my bonus was. Phew :)

Aldi budget cava or Cristal? :)

We just all get given a letter on 1 June. I've done the spreadsheet for what I think the team should get, but we have to work within tight constraints. We are not really bonus payers, whether you turn yourself inside out, or just achieve your targets, you get the same %age (the expats are on a different system entirely). I aim for the latter and get a more than decent balance, and though there's not too much balance at the moment, we get to bank the hours and take them off later. Having worked at a bank for 15 years, through crisis after crisis, this feels more sane. I only ever had 2 or 3 really good years at the bank in terms of comp (~50% of base), and that was pre-2008. Never got a doughnut, except the one year where literally everyone did.

Slowly getting the hang of being the boss, I rather hope I get a resignation letter from guy who was previously at the same level as me, and was the "heir apparent", but who blew it by antagonising an interview panel of 4 senior guys by waffling, bullshitting and generally winging it (their words - maybe he has a future as Prime Minister). He ain't happy, he asked for a promotion (nowhere for him to go except my job, and to be honest, he is so secretive, I have no idea what he is up to), he asked for a payrise (delayed due to Covid). No reason to discipline/sack him as such, but I don't feel he's pulling as a part of the team - both his minions left in the last 6 months, and didn't have much good to say about him on exit. Unfortunately I know square root of f@ck all about what he deals with... Hmmm, steeples fingers and thinks...

Pah, never had to think about this sh!t before.

Wonder where @haydenm is. Do we have to pray for him again? There was meant to be a wedding I think. Maybe Mrs Hayden spontaneously combusted, taking him with her.
    Very much at the Cristal end of the scale B)

T'was 90% of the max and could have been even better if a crappy last two weeks of March hadn't stopped us from busting the top profit target. Ours does make a difference but they shuffled the split a few years back so that 70% of what's on offer is down to company hitting targets and the other 30% down to you.

Better do more M&A stuff so we can buy us more profit for this year...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    Stevo_666 said:

Meh ours should have been announced a few weeks ago but funnily enough they've kept quiet and keep dodging the question when asked.
    Our performance last year was stonking so £50 would be nice just as a gesture.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,712

Stevo_666 said:

Meh ours should have been announced a few weeks ago but funnily enough they've kept quiet and keep dodging the question when asked.
    TBH the best bit about the call was realising that I wasn't getting made redundant. I know it's unlikely in my case, but you never know these days.

I suspect my bonus conversation this time next year might be slightly different.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

TBH the best bit about the call was realising that I wasn't getting made redundant. I know it's unlikely in my case, but you never know these days.
    I know what you mean. The "you're getting furloughed lol" phone call was a bit of shock.