Stripped bleed port on Shimano Di2 shifter

kofsw4
kofsw4 Posts: 39
I've somehow managed to strip the threads in the bleed port of one of my Shimano ST-R8070 hydraulic Di2 shifters. The bleed screw and funnel adaptor just spin and I can't see any threads left inside at all :(

Does anybody have any experience of repairing this kind of thing? Possibly retapping threads or using a helicoil and if so what size and any tips?

Don't really want to have to replace an otherwise perfectly functioning £200 shifter....

Comments

• Mootsboy
    Mootsboy Posts: 10
    I've recently repaired one of these for a pal who stripped the treads by overtightening the bleed port screw. The main lever body was plastic and easily damaged.
    PM me and I'll let you know the details.
  • kofsw4
    That's great to hear, just sent you a PM. Thanks
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    Mootsboy said:

I've recently repaired one of these for a pal who stripped the treads by overtightening the bleed port screw. The main lever body was plastic and easily damaged.
    PM me and I'll let you know the details.

could you post the answer here? I'd be interested to know how you approached this too. Thanks
  • kofsw4
    Shimano have agreed to replace my shifter which I'm very pleased about because I think a repair would have been very difficult given the shifter body is made of plastic and the area in which the threads are is very small.