tuesday with suppressive fire

'ning

it's cold again, i don't like it cold, brrrr

ride, coffee, nyt, wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, shed roof and car covered with frost so it’s a brrrr here, usual for me today
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Another wfh rest day and then painting - ferkin room is one of the smallest in the house but with more pipes than a crack den - didn’t even manage one coat in 2 hrs yesterday 🤬
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Another wfh rest day and then painting - ferkin room is one of the smallest in the house but with more pipes than a crack den - didn’t even manage one coat in 2 hrs yesterday 🤬

Just line the whole room. That way the room also becomes smaller and you need less paint :smile:

Not much happening here. Might go for a bike ride later, might not.
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

TLW just let someone else paint it, it's easier.

I know 🙄 the guys we use could only do the garage last week and can’t get back for another month and we now have new doors being fitted on Friday.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    More work. Dunno what else. Not a lot probably.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Cuppa char now, no plans as yet, maybe another cuppa…
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Had my 3 weetabix this morning as we've got a call with HMRC today. What a joy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Stevo_666 said:

Your fracked.....
  • darkhairedlord
    Ning nall, had a stiff shoulder and neck for past five days so no bike ride. Last time I got this I was in physio every two weeks for three months. I put it down to working off the laptop so I might have to nick the proper computer off the kids. They can do their home schooling cleaning the chimneys.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    tlw1 said:

Pipes on view are a bug bare of mine, I'd board out skim and paint the lot if I were doing it properly.

Anyway, cold and wet this morning so spent an hour doing a virtual ride around Harrogate. Had some nice poached eggs, mushrooms and spinach on toast and now driving the kitchen island.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • darkhairedlord

tlw1 said:

Pipes on view are a bug bare of mine, I'd board out skim and paint the lot if I were doing it properly.

Anyway, cold and wet this morning so spent an hour doing a virtual ride around Harrogate. Had some nice poached eggs, mushrooms and spinach on toast and now driving the kitchen island.

Box them in or RIP them out.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, always confusing coming out an finding your car not there, its in the garage anyway waiting to have the gearbox stripped, appears someone used to tow with it an the box is known to not be ideal for it. Urgh!

Anyway made some cake, namely a Victoria sandwich so quite pleased with that, spot of lunch then fit my new chainrings an decide if they need polishing or lead bead blasted.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon all,
    Another day of wfh delights after going in to the orifice yesterday. Unfortnately they are migrating a load of computer stuff from one system to another which is just making everything more difficult, this means I am browsing bike stuff. Need to learn to deal with tubs and everything associated. Old bike has 23mm on it but plenty of room, as the intention is to do the Eroica on the bike i think I should go for 25 or 28mm, I think 28 will fit but I really should be sure. Also which ones as they can be quite expensive. Should i put some sort of sealant in them from the off or just carry something liek Pitstop in case of emergencies. And what's the deal with carrying a whole spare tyre? Then there's the tape or glue question. Lots to learn. Or do I just build up a set of wheels and go clincher?
    Fixed the bottom step yesterday, now thinking I should reinforce the rest of them to get rid of more creaking. Can I be bothered?
    So many questions today.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Your fracked.....
    Nah, went very well actually. Having a slap up lunch to say thanks to myself for doing such a good job. It was also quite good when we told them we weren't going to pay them as much tax this year and they didn't whinge even a little bit :) (Covidexcuse)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

tlw1 said:

He can't do that, as then he'd have nothing to handcuff his guests to.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It might be the pipes from the barrels to the pumps at the bar.
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    Full winter kit for this morning's ride, the forecast last night said 2-3 degrees. So I got a bit sweaty as it was more like 7! Beautiful but laboured ride over Cissbury Ring and then along the Downs, legs are crying out for at least a day off. Cheered myself up with a savoury bacon thing from the bakers in the village.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    davep1 said:

...savoury bacon thing...

Lovely. Was there any cheese?

I just sat still in the same place from 9.30 until 13:00 on 3 calls. My knees nearly gave way when I just stood up. When every other b@gger has their video on, you have to as well, so no sneaking off to make coffee. Even worse if you have to chair one and also present. More fun at 2, then 4 o clock. Hopefully with sensible folk who don't put their video on.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Physio first up. Four needles in each arm and a half dozen in the neck, all jiggled about till my nerves went twitch and twang.

Coffee and a mini egg and bacon pie for brunch, then egg white omelette with fresh herbs and gruyere for lunch with grilled rye toast.

Eye fillet for dinner.

Too much eating methinks.

I did manage a lazy 40 minutes on the turbo out of the howling wind. Fettled bike for a while in anticipation of better weather tomorrow for a decent ride.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It might be the pipes from the barrels to the pumps at the bar.
    You're probably right - it must look like an oil refinery in there.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Will probably have to now we have paid the kids to finish it off. Apparently the wife is fed up of me moaning about doing jobs that don’t involve petrol propulsion 😂

Re boarding them -pipes on both sides of the room - 4 on one and tons more on the other side as the hot water tank/circulating pump, oil feed, etc, etc is there
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    After 3 days off, remember how it was hot on Saturday so I dossed about followed by 2 days of seriously strong winds thinking no don't risk it, got out on the std exercise blast loop. Xxxx that felt so good. Exercise is good for mind and body. And apparently it is 'unlimited' from tomorrow...
  • darkhairedlord
    hopkinb said:

davep1 said:

...savoury bacon thing...

Lovely. Was there any cheese?

I just sat still in the same place from 9.30 until 13:00 on 3 calls. My knees nearly gave way when I just stood up. When every other b@gger has their video on, you have to as well, so no sneaking off to make coffee. Even worse if you have to chair one and also present. More fun at 2, then 4 o clock. Hopefully with sensible folk who don't put their video on.

Video off, mic on mute, bluetooth headset. I stripped down mrs dhls portable speaker and soldered in a new battery pack in Thursdays meeting. I spent the previous meeting switching my connection on and off so they know I have duff interwebs....
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

After 3 days off, remember how it was hot on Saturday so I dossed about followed by 2 days of seriously strong winds thinking no don't risk it, got out on the std exercise blast loop. Xxxx that felt so good. Exercise is good for mind and body. And apparently it is 'unlimited' from tomorrow...

I hope you said thank you to Uncle Boris.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

Afternoon all,
    Another day of wfh delights after going in to the orifice yesterday. Unfortnately they are migrating a load of computer stuff from one system to another which is just making everything more difficult, this means I am browsing bike stuff. Need to learn to deal with tubs and everything associated. Old bike has 23mm on it but plenty of room, as the intention is to do the Eroica on the bike i think I should go for 25 or 28mm, I think 28 will fit but I really should be sure. Also which ones as they can be quite expensive. Should i put some sort of sealant in them from the off or just carry something liek Pitstop in case of emergencies. And what's the deal with carrying a whole spare tyre? Then there's the tape or glue question. Lots to learn. Or do I just build up a set of wheels and go clincher?
    Fixed the bottom step yesterday, now thinking I should reinforce the rest of them to get rid of more creaking. Can I be bothered?
    So many questions today.

thy tubs shall be veloflex of tan walls
    thou shalt mount them the correct way round
    thou shalt glue, and thy glue shall be mastik'one
    thou shalt not put sealant in unless thou hast a puncture
    beware that pitstop is an abomination, thou shalt use tufo extreme
    thy spare shall be a tufo elite jet <160g 20mm for yea verily it rolleth up near as small as an inner tube
    though shalt glue thy spare, upon thy spare being dry, rolleth it up and baggeth it in a freezer bag
    the number of thy front shall be 23 and thy rear 25, unless thy way is rough

covers all you need

though i'd add that a tyre lever like the lightweight ones is handy as if you need to change a tub, the end that is 'bladed' can be safely used to slide back and forth to break the glue bond, way easier than forcing a well glued tub off with fingers
    https://shop.lightweight.info/en/tag/tyre,lever/
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

I hope you said thank you to Uncle Boris.
    Nope. FatBo deserves nothing more than a "fwaw you". Are you one of his wannabe ar5elicker army then?

V68, why faff? Go tubeless and sing "don't worry about a thing".
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo, won't say thanks until both back at work. V68 I have to agree with Orraloon, tubeless is the way to go.

Unfortunately Boris can't help me, Stressbag and Stropteen haven't got a job to go. Lucky I've got a separate room to work from home in....
  • darkhairedlord
    edited May 2020
    oxoman said:

It appears the forum is being hit by a BSing troll again.

Do leave Stevo alone ya bully.
  • Stevo_666

oxoman said:

Do leave Stevo alone ya bully.
    One out of two isn't bad :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    oxoman said:

I can only assume someone riding a 12 speed bike with carbon clinchers stole his only friend.