monday with a misting of agent orange

'ning

summer has vanished, brrr, coffee, nyt, wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, bright start but still a cold northerly wind, turbo, tidy the garden up after yesterday’s wind and rain
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I don’t like this weather. Still I suppose I should paint the boiler room before we get new doors fitted
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Had to get my winter kit on when I went out this morning, cold enough that the cars had frozen over but thankfully no ice on the roads/footways.

The council have just been and mowed the lawn (or wasteland depending on your POV) including all the tulips that someone had planted along the side of the path and were just starting to flower :neutral:
    The birds are going crazy binging on all the insects that have nowhere to hide in the grass clippings.
    A family of 4 appeared and were having a discussion with the lawnmower operative but no idea who they were, it wasn't one of the neighbours.

WFH is entertaining at times. Lets see what the binmen manage to do.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Back to work - yawn.
    No ride today - might go on the exercise machine gathering dust in the corner. "No, this time it's different, I really will use it, honest".
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    tlw1 said:

the boiler room

That's what I call the kitchen in our house.

Morning, busy start to the week as company-wise we're going out buying stuff on the cheap while the sales are still on. and a spot of auditor bashing which is always good fun. Maybe a run later on when I've had enough.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning, busy start to the week as company-wise we're going out buying stuff on the cheap while the sales are still on.

Bitcoins dropped overnight. Hopefully they'll rebound a bit later in the week.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

the boiler room

Reminds me of something in a Bill Bryson book, noting his mother was an appallingly bad cook. He and his father used to refer to the kitchen as “The Burns Unit”.

Cautious start to the week. Walked dog. Rode motorcycle up to shops as it needed an outing. Took MTB for short ride. Had another walk, then recovered in the spa tub for an hour. 😎

Lamb kebabs for dinner.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Morning, busy start to the week as company-wise we're going out buying stuff on the cheap while the sales are still on.

Probably a sensible investment compared to some of the stuff that's crossed my desk lately. Luckily we binned them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    WFH, new laptop may be needed later today.
    Might go to work some time this week though and sort out a phased return for the staff.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

the boiler room

Reminds me of something in a Bill Bryson book, noting his mother was an appallingly bad cook. He and his father used to refer to the kitchen as “The Burns Unit”.

:)
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Probably a sensible investment compared to some of the stuff that's crossed my desk lately. Luckily we binned them.
    Mavic?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, yes its cold and windy, age of sail is probably a better method of transport now seeing as the diesel gate wagons gone into the garage this morning with some gearbox gremlins.
    Pedalled back some lovely countryside but a headwind all the way.

Mr builder man person has sent me a couple of doors to choose from so thats a thrilling afternoon for me! May do some lunch instead.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mavic?
    If only we were in a sector that interesting...
  • hopkinb
    Bavette frites for tea.

I told my boss that Stevo's lot were going to buy up all the bargains. I think head office might now unleash the cash mountain!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Bavette frites for tea.

I told my boss that Stevo's lot were going to buy up all the bargains. I think head office might now unleash the cash mountain!

Tell him we noticed your share price is looking quite bargainous ;)
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Bavette frites for tea.

That'll be the shyte results....
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 138
    Went on my first ever Strava ride this morning. It was blustery.... are-you-sure-this-is-downhill-because-I'm-still-having-to-peddle blustery ;)
    Turns out 10 weeks of mostly turbo training doesn't undo the 18 year lay-off!!!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Bavette frites for tea.

That'll be the shyte results....
    Ours weren't too bad for the year just ended (public domain as of last week). I hope I can say the same thing next year...