Cycliq Fly12CE - Strava overlay

Yost
Yost Posts: 56
edited September 2019 in Road general
I don’t know if I’m being dim but I cannot work out what I need to do to get this to work. I have connected my Strava account using the CycliqPlus app but I assume I need to do more than this. Do I need to have actually recorded the same ride I’m filming using my bike computer (Elemnt in my case), or do I need to have the Cycliq and/or Strava apps connected when I film my ride? Or is there something else? Cheers.

Comments

• ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    If it's any consolation I couldn't get it work either when I had a Fly12, the software is awful which was one of the reasons why I got rid of it.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    this might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a6REg5YwWQ

I did get it to work once - but it was horribly out of sync, but I think I used garmin software not cycliq
  • Has anybody been able to overlay the fly12ce with strava?
  • I know this is an old thread but has anyone been able to get this working? been playing around with my fly12 ce this afternoon but cant get it to overlay the strava data, is it because i record my rides using a garmin then sync it to strava rather than recording the rides directly through strava?
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208
    Once you have linked your device and Strava the sequence of steps goes like this.
    Open Cycliq app
    Connect device (screen prompt)
    Create (screen prompt at top of screen)
    Import video (screen prompt at side of screen)
    Import Strava data (screen prompt at side of screen)
    Export video (screen prompt at side of screen)
    Give video a title
    Wait for app to a[ply the Strava data.
  • Hello everybody

Just digging up this old thread:

Every time i use the pc software, i have to disconnect Strava & reconnect again, otherwise it won't load the overlay. (Weird, but i can live with it)

however, i NEVER get it to sync properly, there's always at least a 5 minute delay.

I make sure that my bike computer & cameras are on exactly the same time, so this is not it .

is there something else I'm missing ?

the only problem maybe (although don't really see how) is that I record my ride with a sigma computer, which then syncs to Strava...?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Just FYI - received frm Cycliq (on 16 july 2021) :

I'm Mike from the Software team.

I've pulled apart the Strava overlay implimentation and added refresh token support and fixed up the Strava activity detection which covers most of the current "No activities found." scenarios. You'll see these changes in the next CycliqPlus app update for Desktop (Mac and Windows) which is scheduled for release this month.
  • Hi @egoninternet+bikeradar , the 2.61 CycliqPlus Desktop update is now available for Windows.

https://cycliq.com/blogs/cycliqplus-for-windows-version-2-61/,

We'll finalise MacOS testing and get that update out the door soon. :)
  • egoninternet+bikeradar
    edited August 2021
    Hi Mike,
    unfortunately the software crashes when you try to connect to strava ...

EDIT:

i have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the software and now strava connects without a problem.
  • Nice!

I've re-written an old bit of code responsible for allocating the listener port for Strava and Google sign-in, that should help others where th Strava sign-in was crashing the app. I'll get this change into the 2.63 update due this week.
  • Waterbuoyed
    Waterbuoyed Posts: 2

I've been using Cycliq and Strava for years and the only time the Strava doesn't sync properly (with both front and rear showing the same location, speed, gradient, power etc. is when I haven't -->

sync'd both the 6 and 12 and my Strava with their phone apps ........ (syncing time) before the ride.