Invisiframe fitting

Hi folks, I have a new YT Jeffsy and want to get invisiframe for it. What I wondered was, how much of a pain is it to fit, or is it just more time consuming than anything else?

Comments

• swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    I’ve only done my crank arms with it but found it fine to apply.

Frame preparation is key,

you get clear instructions with the kit.

you won’t get it wrong as you can move the pieces around as you wet them with a solution of baby shampoo n water then squeeze out the water from the centre out with the squeegee.
  • swod1 said:

I’ve only done my crank arms with it but found it fine to apply.

Frame preparation is key,

you get clear instructions with the kit.

you won’t get it wrong as you can move the pieces around as you wet them with a solution of baby shampoo n water then squeeze out the water from the centre out with the squeegee.

Cheers for that, sounds like it should be do-able!
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    On another Forum I am a member of, most pay to get the invisi-framing done. It is not as simple as it looks and is easy to get it wrinkled.

When I did my YT Capra, I bought helicopter tape and did it myself. I chose only to cover the danger areas and never had a problem as a consequence. I have a two page guide to using helicopter tape that has been used by many. Message me your email address and you can have it
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Yes you can wrinkle it. I’ve only done a small area but at some point I’ll be looking to redo my hardtail bikes frame in a couple of spots as the film has marked up pretty bad

If you want to have a go id suggest doing crank arms or fork legs first before doing a frame and see how you feel.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Unless you are really patient and have a nice warm room to do it in I'd pay to have the Invisiframe kit fitted if you want the whole frame done.
    My wife's Anthem was done by Invisiframe about 4 years ago and it is still pristine.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Cheers for your replies, I’ve got a lovely warm lounge to do it in, so gonna have a crack! I notice in the invisiframe video they used autoglym tar remover, just wondered if there was a better/cheaper alternative?

• steve_sordy
    Ref my bike tape suggestion: I used up my last few bits today on another bike, so I thought I'd buy some more. The website is out of stock and can't say when they will get some more. This has happened before, I'm guessing it comes from China, Vietnam, South Korea, ......wherever! It will come back into stock at some time.

https://www.biketart.com/accessories-c5/bike-protection-c13/biketape-c124/biketape-p5
  • Ref my bike tape suggestion: I used up my last few bits today on another bike, so I thought I'd buy some more. The website is out of stock and can't say when they will get some more. This has happened before, I'm guessing it comes from China, Vietnam, South Korea, ......wherever! It will come back into stock at some time.

https://www.biketart.com/accessories-c5/bike-protection-c13/biketape-c124/biketape-p5

Ahhh fiddlesticks! I think I might just get the invisiframe stuff, don’t want to hang around, even though I’m not really riding my bike anywhere sketchy at the moment 😂
  • steve_sordy

Ahhh fiddlesticks! I think I might just get the invisiframe stuff, don’t want to hang around, even though I’m not really riding my bike anywhere sketchy at the moment 😂

Its always a good idea to fit frame protection before you get your first chip/scratch, so do what you have to do. But there are alternatives to the BikeTape product from Bike Tart, lots of them!
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Interested to see how you get on with it. I've got a S-Works Tarmac coming soon and was looking at getting the full protection kit for it.
  • dannbodge said:

Interested to see how you get on with it. I've got a S-Works Tarmac coming soon and was looking at getting the full protection kit for it.

Will let you know!! The thing I’m most worried about is the wife’s reaction when I bring the bike into the lounge!
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152

dannbodge said:

Will let you know!! The thing I’m most worried about is the wife’s reaction when I bring the bike into the lounge!
    I do that all the time, so my wife's alright with it.