Fat Bike or Hardtail?

Afternoon guys, a newbie here looking for some advice on buying a bike.

A little bit of background, I used to ride bikes til I was about 19 then stopped due to a few things,work, alcohol, women etc

Anyway, I’m now at the point where I want to get back out doing the trails with my 10yr old boy, He has a Trek hardtail.

For what I’d like to be doing, what would you recommend? I’ve initially got a budget of £1200 but could possibly stretch it for the right bike.

I’m open to ideas though I’m not a little fella so I’d need something to hold a 6ft2, 20st frame.

Cheers

Lardarse

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Just a couple of ideas, so many good options around. Vitus Sentier, Nukeproof Scout (2019 models only around £1000) are a great choice for getting into MTB. Well spec'd with modern frame geometry, all the newer trends for Boost axle widths and 1x drivetrains for a reasonable price.

Don't envy you the task of keeping up with your 10 year old Lad whatever you buy!😂🤣

• swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Do Halfords sell those voodoo bikes still? As those used to be good value for money and then if you get more into it you can update the parts on it.

Just something to think about and yes good shout them vitus bikes on crc are worth a look as there’ll be offers about.