thursday we're moving like a parallelogram

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited April 2020 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride may be sunny though probably wet roads again, coffee, nyt, wfh, webexes and more multidimensional maths

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, damp and overcast, turbo, eat relax probably in that order, this lockdown is beginning to affect me , I’ve started speaking to myself.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Morning, damp and overcast, turbo, eat relax probably in that order, this lockdown is beginning to affect me , I’ve started speaking to myself.
    Have a good day

Do you get on with you though?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah, Thursday, night in home bar after being good all week.

Nearly driven to drink last night after spending hours driving to and from MIL’s and setting up her tv for her, for her to then feck it up by the time I got home. 🙄
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    seems colder again, more coffee i think
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Rare ride all the way to the office this morning. Traffic about usual in some places, but dead elsewhere. The sun came out too although I might not be so lucky this evening.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    All of this W'ingFH is taking it's toll on my Surface, it seems it has started to develop the dreaded screen wobble but is out of the warranty period... Typical.

Just in time for a zoom party thats booked for Friday night.

Anyway, WFH. Need more tea.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, certainly colder this morning much to my dislike. Heard a rumour B&Q have re opened so may venture that way later as I need brackets to make a shelf to re do my desk setup, as its crap!

Anyway heard to prop planes buzzing around low this morning for Captain Tom which was nice, was in the woods so couldn't see them now to do some reporting stuff.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    One of the hounds decided to butt in on my 9:30 'Teams' conference call then declined to be introduced to the other participants when I tried to pick him up. He might not try that again. Coffee, work, weights, booze in roughly that order...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited April 2020
    We're on constant Freeview box/TV, Kitchen TV/remote call out for Gt Granny IL. Although she's getting on and the brain is not functioning very well, I think she's always been a bit thick.

Rain, cold, waiting for post, coffee, pills, eat, Schoolwork with Shorty...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Stevo_666 said:

One of the hounds decided to butt in on my 9:30 'Teams' conference call then declined to be introduced to the other participants when I tried to pick him up. He might not try that again. Coffee, work, weights, booze in roughly that order...

I have Teams on my phone, might mess with them and do a meeting from the woods next week if its not raining, or on the bike? I have a set of Aftershockz I can wear an a mount for the phone.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    I'm also on call out duty for the old dear's technical issues. Favourite was when she managed to turn off the Virgin box inadvertently whilst doing pilates by Zoom. Thankfully I've worked out most of them by phone.
    Another busy day of wfh, not really feeling it so there might be more than the usual amount of skiving.
    Had virtual beer and curry last night for our Wedensday. It was quite funny as I went to collect our's whilst one of the others ordered delivery from the same place at the same time. He then had to sit and watch as I ate mine and he was waiting another 2 minutes. Reckon I would have chewed my own arm off by then.
    Waiting on a couple of deliveries of bike parts, suspect they may be a while so other fettling this weekend looking likely.
    oxoman said:

Morning. Feeling grrh, threatened eldest with expulsion via loft conversion window after his vocal cords hit a new high.

Defenestration is one of my favourite words, you can threaten people whilst sounding polite. Although I wouldn't have thought that at 2am.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I have Teams on my phone, might mess with them and do a meeting from the woods next week if its not raining, or on the bike? I have a set of Aftershockz I can wear an a mount for the phone.
    Some people are doing competitions to see who can have the best background in Teams. Some of them sound a bit like Sungod's green screens.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I could do that, but it might not go down to well with the flat dwelling urbanites...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Some people are doing competitions to see who can have the best background in Teams. Some of them sound a bit like Sungod's green screens.
    Could you persuade one of the hounds to just sit in front of the camera? I may take a spin over to Ivginhoe beacon on the gravel bike, can ride upto the peak an do it from there
  • Stevo_666

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

We've got a few which aren't bad. Last week someone said that weather looked a bit grey out of my window before I pointed out that I was in 'The Matrix' :)
  • Stevo_666
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    'Noon all. On a roll having finally won a caption competition. Have also been using teams and zoom stuff for things. Did one the other day wearing my sons mr Bean mask which confused a few people. I will have to up my game.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/04/29/this-home-video-conferencing-hack-suffered-an-unfortunate-fail/
  • step83

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/04/29/this-home-video-conferencing-hack-suffered-an-unfortunate-fail/
    I'd probably just drink on screen