Rockshox Pike model ID

Hello everyone. I have just taken delivery of some Rockshox Pikes from CRC. They were listed as 2020 year for £565.

Now they have arrived they do not match the images on the website.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what year they are? Just trying to work out if they are still worth the price paid as the 26inch fork options are pretty much non existent now and I don't intend to change frames for a few years.

Thanks.

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Judging by the fork leg decals I'd say they were the 2014 - 2017 model.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited April 2020
    Ignore the pictures! They are for display purposes only. You may even find a disclaimer to that effect somewhere on the site.

The key question is: Does the spec of the fork delivered to you match the spec of the fork advertised. If it does, end of!
    If it doesn't then you have a case. But before rejecting it and not being able to find anything better, try negotiating with CRC, they won't want it back. But don't even try arguing about it looking a bit different to the picture (unless it was white and you wanted black, but I don't believe that is the case you are making).

PS: go to the Rockshox website and enter the fork ID. That should tell you all sorts of stuff.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    edited April 2020
    youve been robbed. I wouldnt accept any of that. No guarantee either.

They must think you're a mug.

sarcasm
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    edited May 2020
    What's important is the compression damper.

Age, appearance etc wont change how it performs (its still brand new and unsused even if manufactured a few years back).

As always with RS, worth doing a lower service straight away to make sure it has adequate lube, you can even 'cheat' and just drain through the bolt holes and syringe back in, no need to remove the uppers at all.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • brevik78
    brevik78 Posts: 1
    If it said it was a 2020 pike it isnt. The first number after the T indicates the year. So its a 2019. So you get the old damper, not the new 2.1