monday your sins will be read to you ceaselessly ... throughout eternity, the list will never end

'ning

was due to be off to see the tabby today, sigh

ride, coffee, nyt, wfh, looks like weather is returning to normal
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it’s been raining throughout the night, cloudy and mild now, turbo later on , Waitrose delivery this morning
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Need a rest day as legs are trashed, but after work meh it’s hard to avoid a blast on the bike
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Venturing to the office today, mainly for some exercise.
    Technically only doing a half day today but we'll see how that works out.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    No electricity for approx. half the house. Bah. Randomly flicking the switches on the circuit board has no effect on the situation. Fridge OK, coffee machine OK, no WiFi though or heating though. I'm not that bothered, but Mrs H³ is having kittens. Electrician duly called.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    lost a phase?

rather grey out, no wind, traffic coming back looked heavier

may have another coffee
  • Lol. Domestic houses are single phase.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    hopkinb said:

No electricity for approx. half the house. Bah. Randomly flicking the switches on the circuit board has no effect on the situation. Fridge OK, coffee machine OK, no WiFi though or heating though. I'm not that bothered, but Mrs H³ is having kittens. Electrician duly called.

My house is split into front and back. If something's caused a fault and tripped something, and the fault is still there when you flip the switch back it will just trip again.
    Maybe start by unplugging everything you can find in that half of the house and see if it lets you reset. It could be a broken light bulb too.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Good morning lockdowners, WFH for a bit then off to buy a nice bottle for a friend.

Might get a flight to Switzerland as they've opened up hairdressers today.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Lol. Domestic houses are single phase.

Not all 😎

Though we don’t use it
  • sungod
    edited April 2020

Lol. Domestic houses are single phase.

nonsense, if you need more power domestic three phase is how you get it

• Yes for certain high power applications(eg lift in garage) but the sockets in kitchen etc are single phase.
    Sockets are usually on a ring main although some houses may also have radial circuits so likely something has tripped on one particular circuit. If half are working very likely it's one circuit tripped. On consumer units you'll find say hall/lounge/study on one circuit, bedrooms on another etc.
    Still I'm only a time served electrician and have a degree in electronics so I guess you know best...
  • homers_double
    :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Can somebody explain wtf a 'phase' is?

H3, I'm sure you wouldnt be so unbothered if it was the fridge and the coffee machine that weren't working? :)

Onwards to more work and coffee. Our lords and masters have decided that it's time to go shopping (in the corporate sense) what with prices being low these days, so there's a fair bit of M&A work on (which always sounds more interesting than tax).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

H3, I'm sure you wouldnt be so unbothered if it was the fridge and the coffee machine that weren't working? :)

Correct. Though it's all working again now, but we don't know why. A "nuisance" trip.

• hopkinb

Still I'm only a time served electrician and have a degree in electronics so I guess you know best...

Check out the big brain on Brett.
  • Maybe once, time and alcohol taking it's toll now mind lol.
  • homers_double
    Stevo_666 said:

./blockquote>

Think of a sinewave, a house supply will have on wave. ie a phase producing 240v

For industrial premises there are three waves producing 415v.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

./blockquote>

Think of a sinewave, a house supply will have on wave. ie a phase producing 240v

For industrial premises there are three waves producing 415v.

Cheers HD.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod

Yes for certain high power applications(eg lift in garage) but the sockets in kitchen etc are single phase.
    Sockets are usually on a ring main although some houses may also have radial circuits so likely something has tripped on one particular circuit. If half are working very likely it's one circuit tripped. On consumer units you'll find say hall/lounge/study on one circuit, bedrooms on another etc.

clearly i do

you chose to make a provably incorrect and mildly snarky response, were called out as wrong again, and now are trying to make excuses

• sungod
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Correct. Though it's all working again now, but we don't know why. A "nuisance" trip.

it was 5g stealing your power to make viruses
  • surfercyclist
    surfercyclist Posts: 894
    edited April 2020
    sungod said:

Yes for certain high power applications(eg lift in garage) but the sockets in kitchen etc are single phase.

clearly i do

you chose to make a provably incorrect and mildly snarky response, were called out as wrong again, and now are trying to make excuses

Lol. You post rubbish then get all stroppy when called out on it. Typical keyboard warrior. :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

Like when you took to wearing lippy and calling yourself Sally at the weekends.

Cooler today. Maybe i'll get some post.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'noon. f'lough

Just built a fence panel (custom shape and size, two skins of tongue/groove either side of a frame made from roof battens). I was terrible at woodwork at school, but this looks decent

Researching brackets now - something 'U' shaped, I think. Going to mount it on top of a brick wall.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Like when you took to wearing lippy and calling yourself Sally at the weekends.

Ta - it's always good to get advice from an expert :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

Like a strop but lasts longer.

• hopkinb
    Ben6899 said:

Just built a fence panel

I just painted my last one. Fence panel that is. I preferred the colour of the wood.

• hopkinb
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

it was 5g stealing your power to make viruses
    It's been at it all weekend then. He reckoned it was something in the loft going by what he was doing when it came back on. Maybe there's a 5g hacker living under the eaves, feeding off cardboard and old baby clothes. I won't tell Mrs H³, or she'll have me in there with some disinfectant.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

Just built a fence panel

I just painted my last one. Fence panel that is. I preferred the colour of the wood.

I think we'll paint rather than stain - hoping to have it obscured by plants, in time.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Like a strop but lasts longer.

Maybe I need to start referring to my kid as 'Phaseteen' ? :)
  • sungod

sungod said:

clearly i do

Lol. You post rubbish then get all stroppy when called out on it. Typical keyboard warrior. :D
    now you are just trolling

everyone can check online and see that you are wrong