Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Long run, the complete the jobs I didn’t get to yesterday
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

... and continue the electric kool-aid acid test

the book? Or will you be getting on the bus with Ken and the rest of the merry pranksters?

Today I will be sitting, drinking, superficially thinking, about the rinsed out blonde on my left. She's common, flirty, looks about thirty, I would run away, but I'm on my own.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another "breezy" day. Walked dog, then took bike for a ride. Coasting along flat roads downwind at 25+kmh, no pedalling required in places, but had to pedal downhill at one point to avoid stalling. :)

Bored later in the afternoon so a short turbo ride then even had a go on the rowing machine.

Tried bleeding brakes, but minor detail - can't find the bottles of Shimano brake oil. I know they're somewhere in the damned shed but no luck. Have to wait till Tues for LBS to open to get more.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Another lie and another sunny late morning doing garden (hound-proofing) and pond-related (topping up and sorting weeds) stuff. Might go for a 'battery top-up' essential drive in The Panzer and do some more home office sorting later on.

I'm hungry now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    hopkinb said:

Today I will be sitting, drinking, superficially thinking, about the rinsed out blonde on my left. She's common, flirty, looks about thirty, I would run away, but I'm on my own.

Are you the Spider or the Fly?

Good 60km blast in the sunshine, take advantage while the weather is still good. Many bikelists out and about, from family groups inc one with the dad on the fattest tyred fat bike I have ever seen to tri-bars, deep rims and skinsuits.
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, finally screwed together my new 'Dr. Evil' style home office swivel chair :) Just need to put the new bloody desk together now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

hopkinb said:

Are you the Spider or the Fly?

Well, I did say "hi", like a spider to a fly, but she kneed me in the balls and called me a dirty old man.

Mrs H³ is making pasties, and I'm having an ice cold cerveza and watching starlings clean/sharpen their beaks on my fence. Tremendous early evening sunshine. Oh,the dog did a sh1t. Great.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Managed a bit of pottering in the garage and loosely assembled the Chesini. I think it looks rather good myself.
    Just need to get a few bits to finish it but pleased with it so far. Took me a while to work out how to assemble an old style Italian threaded loose ball bottom bracket. Not helped by the fact that there is a longer taper on one end of the axle.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited April 2020
    Those old BB's are wonderful fun to set up. Proper bike mechanics.
    I still have the oversized spanners with the 2 central cup prongs. I made the lock ring tool into a chain whip though.

I presume it is a Campag BB? I've got some spares. Lock ring for example.

Flirty and thirty. Perfect.

Me worked on Porker#1 me. Then washed Porker#2. Slightly cooler today. A change is a comin'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Me worked on Porker#1 me. Then washed Porker#2. Slightly cooler today. A change is a comin'.

Technical day on the car front for me as well. I checked the coolent, oil & washer fluid levels and tyre pressures on The Panzer then undertook the arduous task of charging up the battery on some pretty empty roads o:)
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Those old BB's are wonderful fun to set up.
    I still have the oversized spanners with the 2 central cup prongs. I made the lock ring tool into a chain whip though.

I presume it is a Campag BB? I've got some spares. Lock ring for example.

It's an Ofmega bottom bracket but of standard size rather than any of their weirdness. Right size for old Campag cranks at any rate. I reckon old type with a lock ring are more secure with Italian threads as the lock ring should help prevent it coming undone. Assuming I can do it up tight enough of course. More modern BBs would be more likely to work loose. That's what I reckon anyway.
    I think brown saddle and bar tape might be in order.
  • hopkinb
    Lovely looking bike V68.

More than agreeable with the pasty.
  • pinno

• hopkinb
    Awww. Kitten in a little chair. Has shorty or tricky nicked your phone/laptop?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    pinno said:

tabbycat!

:smiley:
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Lovely looking bike V68.

More than agreeable with the pasty.

I hope it was a top notch pasty to go with the plonk you were drinking H3...
  • hopkinb
    It was an excellent pasty. Chuck steak, all fresh veg, pastry made with a bit of beef dripping. The wine was a mere adjunct.
  • veronese68
    edited April 2020
    Thanks ,looks a nice bottle of plonk Hoppy
  • veronese68
    Forgot to say to Spinner the Shimano hydraulic oil is just LHM with red rather than green dye in it.
  • hopkinb
    Arty swirl innit.

• pinno
    edited April 2020
    The hand of Hoppy.

(thankfully, not Maradona)

Although, I haven't forgiven him for not thanking me for a playlist I sent to him by PM to while away the lockdown hours.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

Forgot to say to Spinner the Shimano hydraulic oil is just LHM with red rather than green dye in it.

I found some of the Magura oil, which is presumably the same, just dark blue, but not enough left. Will get the proper little funnel thing too if I’m going to a shop anyway.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS