North shropshire mtb riders ?

Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone else here is in the north shropshire area and rides mtb ? I have just got back into it but dont really know many people to ride with plus I work 4 on 4 off so alot of the time I'm off in the week but have no one to ride with, would love to meet more riders and get out more if anyone is interested also keen to try any new areas to ride 🤟👌

Comments

• fil_b
    fil_b Posts: 34
    I am over in Wolverhampton

Only place I know is Cannock chase
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    I can't think of anywhere in North Shropshire.

South Shropshire - there's plenty around Church Stretton plus Eastridge Woods but it means a drive/train ride to get there.

Llandegla forest might be just as easy to get to depending on exactly where you are, but again it's a drive away.
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    As a road cyclist I can't really talk about the off road stuff but you could try the path along the Canal and Miers around Ellesmere or Fenn's Moss: it's a huge area of bogland (I'll admit I don't know if you are allowed to cycle it).

There is also a disused canal in the area which is worth a visit if you like exploring.

Also, if you can get to Newport, there is plenty of very, very quiet roads and tracks around there on the bottom of what was a lake bed back in time, while an off road path you might like to use is the Newport to Stafford greenway. As said above, there is also Cannock Chase. I think there are some restrictions on using it at the moment especially if you are driving 40 miles or so to do so.

Or... you could buy a road bike and do some proper cycling..... ;-)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    edited April 2020
    Where abouts are you?