Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Had my Triuk refund earlier this week, now I realise who owns them, will not be returning.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    daniel_b said:

Had my Triuk refund earlier this week, now I realise who owns them, will not be returning.

I am getting a delivery tomorrow apparently. Heaven help me if I need to return it for some reason.
  • addey
    addey Posts: 10
    I ordered from Triuk on April 2nd, got a further email on the 14th saying 10-14 day delay (from order date) and heard nothing since. Not too bothered about waiting, I only ordered stuff because it was so cheap!

If anyone is still after cheap Mavic kit then there is a load on sportpursuit as of today - not as cheap as the Triuk prices though!
  • daniel_b
    mrb123 said:

daniel_b said:

I am getting a delivery tomorrow apparently. Heaven help me if I need to return it for some reason.
    I wish you luck sir! (Maybe you'll get what you ordered!)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    I have to agree that I find the Le Col kit to be good value with the discount. I purchased a jersey with £50, so about £70, which is cheaper than my usual jersey I buy. Just purchased a thermal short sleeve with arm warmers for under £100, much cheaper than my usual brand. Quality is just as good, in fact I’d say the fit is better. My usual brand has been getting shorter at the front and now they are even making the back of their products shorter (including winter gear).
  • daniel_b
    edited April 2020
    Not strictly in the spirit of this thread, but if anyone happens to see this Castelli Perfetto Ros LS jersey in yellow and size small or more likely medium over the next few months, could they please pm me :-)

The cheapest I can find it currently, from it's £190\200 rrp, is £127ish, which is ok, but I'm thinking more around the £100ish mark.

This is the jersey rather than the jacket, a lot of sites seem to call them by either name.

https://sigmasports.com/item/Castelli/Perfetto-RoS-Long-Sleeve-Jersey/NE4X?s=1
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

daniel_b said:

Bike arrived. The box was a little battered but the contents seem to be in perfect condition.

Mike Ashley - I always said he's a good bloke!
  • doolie
    doolie Posts: 42
    My triuk order finally came out of held status and into packing 2 days ago. Keeping my fingers crossed for some of the bargain shoes
    PlanetX RT-57
    Orbea Orca
    Felt DA
    GT Grade
  • mrb123
    doolie said:

My triuk order finally came out of held status and into packing 2 days ago. Keeping my fingers crossed for some of the bargain shoes

Don't get too excited. They were packing my bike for over a week and still didn't manage to make a very good job of it!
  • doolie said:

My order moved to packing recently too! Today:

We have just got to picking your order for you now,
    Unfortunately our stock file is showing no stock of the item you have order,
    Because of this we have had to cancel your order.

What a shambles. Was hoping to get a heavily discounted jacket. Instead I gave Mike Ashley a small cash loan at 0% interest.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    mrb123 said:

daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

daniel_b said:

Bike arrived. The box was a little battered but the contents seem to be in perfect condition.

Mike Ashley - I always said he's a good bloke!

Glad you got sorted in the end.
  • doolie
    doolie Posts: 42
    edited April 2020

doolie said:

My order moved to packing recently too! Today:

We have just got to picking your order for you now,
    Unfortunately our stock file is showing no stock of the item you have order,
    Because of this we have had to cancel your order.

What a shambles. Was hoping to get a heavily discounted jacket. Instead I gave Mike Ashley a small cash loan at 0% interest.
    I have just received the same cancelled notification. It states no stock for the item I ordered (never mind that there were 6 items)

Only took them 4 weeks to get round to cancelling.... :/

Received refund ok
    PlanetX RT-57
    Orbea Orca
    Felt DA
    GT Grade
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Why is this section of the forum not as popular as it used to be? There used to be several posts on here a day at one point. Maybe all the bargains have dried up?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    this whole forum is pretty much dead now
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    bmxboy10 said:

Why is this section of the forum not as popular as it used to be? There used to be several posts on here a day at one point. Maybe all the bargains have dried up?

The whole site gone belly up, this is just another section to chat now, very few bargains. Thought I'd join in with the chat :)

I want to join another site, where did everyone go? Road and mtb.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited April 2020
    Any giants looking for a flat bar "do-it-all" bike?

Rutland have the XXL https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/road-bikes/specialized-sirrus-elite-alloy-2019-road-bike-red_382165 for £675

Looking at the geo chart on https://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/product/13934/2019-men-s-sirrus-elite-alloy/ , the 440mm chainstay is only 5mm less than on my Voodoo, so I'd expect there to be plenty of clearance for a 29x2"/700x50mm tyre if you wanted extra cushioning and/or grip.
    --------------------------------

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/road-bikes/cube-axial-ws-gtc-pro-2019-womens-carbon-road-bike-grey_465497 isn't bad for £950.

Forget it's marketted as a womens bike, it's hardly girly colours and the geo of the 56cm looks very similar to the 56cm Attain that would work for someone up to ~5'10" or so https://www.cube.eu/en/2019/bikes/women/road-cyclocross/axial-ws/cube-axial-ws-gtc-pro-iridiumnaubergine-2019/ . Change the saddle and you've got a great spec bike that's ~8.3Kg even with Mavic Aksium wheels!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    david7m said:

bmxboy10 said:

The whole site gone belly up, this is just another section to chat now, very few bargains. Thought I'd join in with the chat :)

I want to join another site, where did everyone go? Road and mtb.
    This thread was also moved from the commuter section to a less frequented part of the forum as part of the "improvements".

And I think Wiggle and co are just cashing in on the new cycling boom by not offering bargains
  • voicycle
    voicycle Posts: 95
    mrfpb said:

And I think Wiggle and co are just cashing in on the new cycling boom by not offering bargains

I'm sure I saw an article saying that in a lot of places cycling retailers have put prices up all the way to RRP, going even more expensive than they would during ordinary 'peak season'. Apparently it's the only thing they can do to slow demand down enough to keep up.

Guessing that's more for complete bikes than for pack-and-ship parts/clothing/accessories, but no matter what you're selling I'd imagine it's not much of a priority to shift stagnant inventory at the minute.

Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
    2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    That’s odd as I would think the boom passed a while ago.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Wiggles eBay store is practically picked clean
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    itboffin said:

Wiggles eBay store is practically picked clean

I noticed they were listing loads of turbos as well.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    Anyone desperate for a basic £50 turbo? Halfords Ebay have some in stock, or you can "click and collect" from some stores on their own website from 14th May.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bikehut-Road-Mtb-Bike-Bicycle-Cycling-Magnetic-Resistance-Indoor-Turbo-Trainer-/201457617404
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • edindevon
    edindevon Posts: 325
    As posted by as budgie on HUKD, the code ROAD50 gives 50% off road wheelsets at Superstar Components.

Although the code is listed as 2020 Road Wheel Clearance, it seems to work on all wheelsets and not just those on clearance.

Posters suggest that the Pave Ultra Road2 rim brake clinchers are good value at £150.
  • daniel_b
    edited May 2020
    Bargain Mavic shoes at less than half price (Circa £72.50), if you go through TCB:
    https://chainreactioncycles.com/mavic-cosmic-elite-vision-cm-aw17/rp-prod159523

Great commuters, as fully reflective, but maybe more for Autumn/Spring as not very ventilated.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-cash-back-on-a-5-spend-at-topcashback-3467392

Little bonus on a £5+ basket before midnight tonight.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mrb123

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-cash-back-on-a-5-spend-at-topcashback-3467392

I've used this today.

Shimano 540 SPD pedals were £40 at Tredz. Used their usual £5 voucher that pops up and got another £3 TCB including that bonus. That brought them to £32 which is plenty cheaper than you'll get them anywhere else as far as I can see.
  • daniel_b

Just to add, I stumbled on this in the evening after having just booked a parcel to Italy through Parcelhero - I cursed, but activated it anyway, thinking I might buy something before midnight, but did not in end do so.
    However on looking today, it would appear that the extra £2 has tracked against the parcelhero purchase despite it being made before I had activated it.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • combatclaret
    combatclaret Posts: 47
    edited May 2020
    Aldi Cycling stuff out today. Not a huge fan of the jersey design this year, look like baseball shirt IMO. Cheap Muc-Off stuff though as usual.
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/sports-and-leisure

I didn't spot at the time but Lidl's cycling spring sale was the Sunday just gone (24th). Really like the Jerseys this year (I don't remember them doing any last year, I got a couple in 2018 though and pleased with them) so swing by quickly If you haven't already.
    London based and I had to try two stores to find Mediums. Large & XLs still left.
    £7.99 a pop good value.