friday has become ionised

'ning

coffee, nyt, webex, bask, if all this can be achieved, what limit is there
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice start to the day again , usual for me Turbo ,catch a few rays , mow the lawns
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning
    WFH etc.
    Looks nice out but might just settle for a pootle at lunchtime.
    Furlough has been cancelled (for now at least) because they didn't like me being so chirpy all of a sudden.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Off, via extended set of train and bus connections due to reduced services, for latest appointment in the Eye Hospital. Which will be fun. A month ago it was like a ghost town in there, wonder that I face today. Followed by 2 days post jab of doing nothing.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    First conference call done in the home bar 😂

Now the family are up I’m shoved up in the office - probably safer.

Might have a quick blast on the summer bike later, with a plan of recovery ride to save legs for a harder ride tomorrow
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    What a stunning morning.

Now what should I do now...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lovely day. I'm a gonna take me an afternoon off. Maybe see if I can get a ride in, though Mrs H3 will probably expect me to wrangle children.

Bought some very good quality beef short ribs yesterday. Off a butcher who normally supplies fancy restaurants, but who is having to find alternative customers online as the restaurants are closed (Warrens on the pass if anyone is interested - though the ribs are sold out). As well as the standard long braising treatment, a google suggests that they take well to grilling (as long as you cook them precisely to 130 degrees - whats that? - 55 celsius), so hopefully they will arrive this weekend and I can fire up the grill. Should be enough to grill some and braise some, probably into a ragu for pasta or gnocchi.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning from the shire, sat in my garden only sounds I can hear are the bees buzzing an the birds, quite weird no back ground noise what so ever.

Anyway off to do some breathing exercises to help open my lungs back up then go for my legally allowed walk.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    hopkinb said:

Lovely day. I'm a gonna take me an afternoon off. Maybe see if I can get a ride in, though Mrs H3 will probably expect me to wrangle children.

Bought some very good quality beef short ribs yesterday. Off a butcher who normally supplies fancy restaurants, but who is having to find alternative customers online as the restaurants are closed (Warrens on the pass if anyone is interested - though the ribs are sold out). As well as the standard long braising treatment, a google suggests that they take well to grilling (as long as you cook them precisely to 130 degrees - whats that? - 55 celsius), so hopefully they will arrive this weekend and I can fire up the grill. Should be enough to grill some and braise some, probably into a ragu for pasta or gnocchi.

Love beef ribs - perfect aga food, sat in the bottom oven all day
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Hello home schoolers! Went for a ride this morning and by god it was cold... Around 3 degrees in the shade on the 8 mile downhill vale, luckily I'd thought about this so threw some work gloves in my pocket to put over my mitts. They worked ok but not the best.

Has anyone had any experience with a lightweight full finger glove like these from wiggle?

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-lightweight-cycling-gloves/

May as well ask in here as Its a simple question, one that neither imposters or milemunchers opinions are warranted.

Currently working from the kitchen listening to anthems on the radio.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    edited April 2020
    Weird double post...

• hopkinb

Hello home schoolers! Went for a ride this morning and by god it was cold... Around 3 degrees in the shade on the 8 mile downhill vale, luckily I'd thought about this so threw some work gloves in my pocket to put over my mitts. They worked ok but not the best.

Has anyone had any experience with a lightweight full finger glove like these from wiggle?

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-lightweight-cycling-gloves/

May as well ask in here as Its a simple question, one that neither imposters or milemunchers opinions are warranted.

Currently working from the kitchen listening to anthems on the radio.

All my gloves are from Galibier. Theeeyyyyrrreee great. These would probably suit your needs, but they seem to be having supply issues.

https://galibier.cc/product/roubaix-vision-iii-gloves/
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Definitely something like that, but July is a bit of a way off.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    Wasted trip to the Eye hospital clinic. 2 trains, one walk and one bus later rock up to find appt had been cancelled. Receptionists not happy with admin, as I was the 3rd person so far in similar position. Record shows someone left a message on landline on Monday advising me, eh no that is not possible. Why not call my mobile? Oh we seem to have lost your mobile number...

Now waiting for the first of my 2 return trains. Nice out.

Oh well, can now ride my bike this weekend, no anti infection risk embargo.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415

Morning
    WFH etc.
    Looks nice out but might just settle for a pootle at lunchtime.
    Furlough has been cancelled (for now at least) because they didn't like me being so chirpy all of a sudden.

Thistle, enjoy crossing all those jobs marked for you off your OH's list :)

Busy morning starting with an update call with the boss. I felt he wasn't busy enough so suggested he takes a tilt at buying a competitor in Europe whose share price has tanked badly; let's see if he takes the bait o:) Otherwise it's nearly lunchtime but I CBA to cook so need something easy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    5th ride in to work this morning, back on the lanes after a run out over the Downs yesterday. Legs better this morning and during the day than yesterday, hopefully pootle home tonight, walk with the fam tomorrow and then some bike action on Sunday.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    WFH after a couple of days off.

Due to "improved" software, I no longer get email notifications for the higher priority work I need to do. Which helps me fill the hours tracking it down.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Popped out for a bike ride at lunchtime, same loop I've been doing for the last couple of weeks. Loads of traffic on the road, several cars trying to have head ons with me, every passing place on the back lanes full of cars :|
    Cycling locally was starting to get pleasant again but seems to have taken a turn for the worse.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    i think some people are realising they can get away with non-essential car journeys and travelling to parks, secret visits, going for a cruise around etc.

shoot 'em, it's the only way
  • orraloon
    Traffic speed down our street seems to be increasing, and def not adhering to the signed 20mph. It's not an effing racetrack you pr1cks.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    Spot on SG it started here on the 17th Apr but I have no idea why it happened on that particular date. I initially thought I’d missed something about the restrictions being relaxed
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Traffic speed down our street seems to be increasing, and def not adhering to the signed 20mph. It's not an effing racetrack you pr1cks.

That'll be the 81% then.
    https://telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/03/drivers-ignore-20mph-speed-limits-official-figures-show/

Why don't you do what some of your generation do; buy a high viz jacket and stand pointing a hair dryer at passing cars if you're at a loose end? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    😊

Got the hi viz. Plus got trained a couple years back on the community speedwatch on how to use the proper polis lasers.

20mph not enforced in most authorities. However there was a d!ckhead on a motorbike went down the street earlier, 60? 70? Effing pr1ck. If I find a suitable rock close to hand next time...
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

😊

Got the hi viz. Plus got trained a couple years back on the community speedwatch on how to use the proper polis lasers.

I quite like the idea of somebody cloning said pensioners number plates and doing a few high speed runs past their little hair dryer set up >:)
  • orraloon
    I have a happy memory from years back. I was strimming this roadside verge area of rough grass for a client, edge of a village, 30 limit. This motorbike w@nker, the sort with no exhaust baffles, max noise, revving high, made his presence known at way more than the limit. I acknowledged his presence by extending the well known up and down w@nker hand signal. He then had a massive speed wobble when looking at me - in full protective gear, helmet, visor, wielding a f off big powertool - he stayed upright, just. Never saw or heard him again.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    edited April 2020
    Milemuncher is now cycling 250 miles per day to avoid crowds of any description so he's too tired to post (under any other pseudonym).
    Impos_ter (don't want to rattle his cage). Haven't seen him in ages. Hopefully, MM ran him over.

@sungod : Why is you avatar wonky?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    pinno said:

Milemuncher is now cycling 250 miles per day to avoid crowds of any description so he's too tired to post (under any other pseudonym).
    Impos_ter (don't want to rattle his cage). Haven't seen him in ages. Hopefully, MM ran him over.

@sungod : Why is you avatar wonky?

it's a pic of one of my bar end caps, taken a bit from the side because that's where i took it from, the asymmetry pleased me
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    It's not wonky, simply a different view point. Personally, I think the off centre angular perspective adds to the image...

It's not unusual for visual items not to be mathematically central eg
    google logo