wednesday a riot of our own

'ning

think the breeze should be easing today, therefore sunny and warmer

ride, coffee, nyt, bit of wfh, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning,I hope you are right about the wind sungod, it’s been a bit chilly on the eastern front, not sure what to do today, but I am sure it will include the turbo, what a good investment that was.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Tired legs this morning due to yesterday’s recovery ride being in a gale and me being unable to relax and enjoy it.

Yesterday’s late work will be for nothing if it isn’t completed today so not going to be fun, this will probably result in the bar later.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Yup, rest of the week looks to be wall to wall sunshine. Work getting in the way a bit though.
  • parmos
    parmos Posts: 100
    thought it was bad yesterday on my commute back on it tomorrow as only bike commute on a tue / thur as i put a loop in afterwards.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, its cold out still, brisk 8c with the breeze. Was going to walk the dog but OH took the poor thing for a run, so I now have log dog whos just laying on her side looking at me with puppy eyes as if to say "why?".

Anyway first morning I've felt more like me which is likely a bad thing, no one wants to be me! May done some PPE and do some frame sanding, lots of paint to come off my old repaired carbon frame. Still no idea what I'll spray it but it keeps me busy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Mission creep Step?
    Pics of the Carbon frame please. Though I do remember you painting those deep section rims in a rather dubious colour.

I'm in a bit of a rut. Waiting for parts to arrive before I can pop the engine and box back in Porker#1. Some things are coming from outer Mongolia by 3 legged Donkey seemingly.

School work with Shorty soon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    ning kids! Contemplating pulling a small trigger on a raspberry pi zero wh for something to do with the kids. Pulled my old netbook out a popped puppy-linux on it and appears to run this fine, ideal for my 12yr old daughter to play with. Awaiting the postman to deliver a 2GB RAM module to replace the 1GB and hopefully the ikle intel atom cpu will sing after that.
    Wife is miffed that the tile adhesive has to set for two days before i can do the grouting so i get to go for bike ride while i wait.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406

ning kids! Contemplating pulling a small trigger on a raspberry pi zero wh for something to do with the kids. Pulled my old netbook out a popped puppy-linux on it and appears to run this fine, ideal for my 12yr old daughter to play with. Awaiting the postman to deliver a 2GB RAM module to replace the 1GB and hopefully the ikle intel atom cpu will sing after that.
    Wife is miffed that the tile adhesive has to set for two days before i can do the grouting so i get to go for bike ride while i wait.

You should have said 5 days DHL.

Today is work, coffee, post bollox, go for a run, have a drink and watch the box. Not sure I can stand the excitement.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141

ning kids! Contemplating pulling a small trigger on a raspberry pi zero wh for something to do with the kids.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't realise they were back in stock so might get one while I can.
    I ended up getting an orange pi zero a couple of months ago but unless you pay over the odds you have to wait for it to arrive by 3 legged donkey from Mongolia.

• thistle_
    'noon

NWFH today as it's my compulsory day off.

Overslept somewhat, then went for a run/hobble in the sunshine. Can't work out if I'm suffering from C19, a cold or hayfever.
    Might go and do some "yoga" in the sunshine later, the sort where you just lie on the mat and don't do anything.

I mentioned that I was getting furloughed last night to the GF, she laughed and started making a list of things for me to do. And she wonders why I don't tell her things?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Groundhog day of wfh. I got some raspberries just now as well. I went for a short wobble to Waitrose, impressed with how much I can carry on the wife's old shopper hack. Big wire basket on the front and panniers on the back plus a rucksack on me. I could attach another basket to the pannier rack I guess but the whole thing is fookin' heavy enough already once loaded.
    It's funny how the supermarkets with a car park always have a queue, but you can walk straight into the Waitrose in Kingston as there is no parking nearby.
    Today being Wednesday we will be doing virtual pub with talking much bollox. Other than that much like any other day.
    It is nice out and the wind has definitely died down around these parts.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Bl00dy windy morning here, elected to do pretty much nothing.

Took the old dear home after lunch. Had plans to either do some turbo and rower stuff, or go for a local trail ride, but left knee decided to go all French on me and went on strike.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    I can vouch for the weather. Mrs H³ is working from the garden, perched on the posh sofa. Me being a sensitive sort, I am inside.
    Going to do a nice flat ride later, only 40km or so, and try to keep it leisurely, though no doubt I'll end up with my tongue hanging out and sweat dropping off the peak of my cap.
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    I was dreading riding home last night, but the anticipated headwind seemed to be swirling and felt like it was helping when it should have been hindering. Some of the time anyway.
    Day 3 of riding to work every day. I've been commenting elsewhere how the lockdown has opened up some routes, some of the busier roads I would only ever use at 6 am on a Sunday are now passable at "rush" hour. Needing an easier shorter journey this morning I took the direct road to work, which is normally a nightmare when its busy. Big trucks seem much more willing to overtake properly at the moment, one in particular, I heard him approaching, slowing, and then twice he started his run up to overtake and abandoned it when a car heading towards us appeared. I gave him a big overhead clap when he got round B) Still managed an incident with a needlessly close-passing white van though...
  • step83
    edited April 2020
    pinno said:

Mission creep Step?
    Pics of the Carbon frame please. Though I do remember you painting those deep section rims in a rather dubious colour.

I'm in a bit of a rut. Waiting for parts to arrive before I can pop the engine and box back in Porker#1. Some things are coming from outer Mongolia by 3 legged Donkey seemingly.

School work with Shorty soon.

Mission creep?

An nothing wrong with the wheels, black with a gold flake that you cant see :D

Its my old white Planet X I'll get some photos later just struggling to warm myself up at the moment.
    Fear not colour wise it should be very restrained, depending on the look of the carbon I may leave sections of it with just a clear coat on. Rest likely be sprayed anthracite seeing as I have four tins of the stuff for some reason.

Donkey likely has been quarantined so give it a week
  • Stevo_666

I mentioned that I was getting furloughed last night to the GF, she laughed and started making a list of things for me to do. And she wonders why I don't tell her things?

Amateur :) You should have just pretended to work from home...I spend longer than is strictly necessary in my 'home office' for exactly that reason o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

I can vouch for the weather. Mrs H³ is working from the garden, perched on the posh sofa. Me being a sensitive sort, I am inside.
    Going to do a nice flat ride later, only 40km or so, and try to keep it leisurely, though no doubt I'll end up with my tongue hanging out and sweat dropping off the peak of my cap.

H3, the amount of riding you get in, anyone would think you'd been furloughed. Do you set emails to be sent a set time while you're out or something like that?
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

H3, the amount of riding you get in, anyone would think you'd been furloughed. Do you set emails to be sent a set time while you're out or something like that?
    Doesn't Hoppy average about 3.74KW powaaaah output and cruises at 80-kmh? That 40k jaunt is just a lunch time doddle.
  • hopkinb
    Nah, I start before 8, 20 mins for lunch, an hour or so in the evening, gives me a free 2 hours in the day, for a ride, or help with the kid's schoolwork. I worked bank holiday Monday, and did 7.30 to midnight the following day. I told the CFO how I'm working. He's fine with it as long as it all gets done.. I think he spends the day snoozing anyway.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Doesn't Hoppy average about 3.74KW powaaaah output and cruises at 80-kmh? That 40k jaunt is just a lunch time doddle.
    That might be just the power needed to get him up the hills? :p
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Amateur :) You should have just pretended to work from home...I spend longer than is strictly necessary in my 'home office' for exactly that reason o:)
    Ha, nice idea but I don't think I'd be able to manage it for 3 months.
  • Wheelspinner
    hopkinb said:

Nah, I start before 8, 20 mins for lunch, an hour or so in the evening, gives me a free 2 hours in the day, for a ride, or help with the kid's schoolwork. I worked bank holiday Monday, and did 7.30 to midnight the following day. I told the CFO how I'm working. He's fine with it as long as it all gets done.. I think he spends the day snoozing anyway.

My last (contract) gig was entirely WFH - that was the deal. I was the *only* such person in the whole organisation, contract or employee, with such an arrangement.

My boss was equally happy with whatever I decided the working hours were, provided I was available for the scheduled calls for project catch-ups, and some team discussion things. I found it far more productive for me to take some time during the day to walk the dog, ride the bike, sit in the sun for a half hour and then catch up elsewhere, rather than just log on at 8 and check out at 5.

• hopkinb

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

:D:D:D
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2020
    hopkinb said:

They don't even ask me, which suits me fine. I just let people know when they can't annoy me via that status thing on Skype and MS Teams.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

This is more like it - a lot of effort required to get my bulk up a hill. :#

I do it quite efficiently though, no shame, just stick it in an easy gear and spin. I pass all sorts of heroes mashing their big ring and chucking the bike from side to side like they're on the zoncolan at the end of a 200 km mountain stage. :)
  • step83
    I like nothing more than going past someone wheezing up a hill while I appear to be totally fine.

@pinno attacked initially with some 240 grit to break the clear coat then only 600 grit then 800/1200 grit once I get to the black so as not to take off to much.
    Need a container for the frame furniture though.

Carbon looks to just be ID stuff but the paint is really thick.
    Sorely tempted to slap a detail sander on to get the worst of the paint off though.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

This is more like it - a lot of effort required to get my bulk up a hill. :#

I do it quite efficiently though, no shame, just stick it in an easy gear and spin. I pass all sorts of heroes mashing their big ring and chucking the bike from side to side like they're on the zoncolan at the end of a 200 km mountain stage. :)
    You're a fair bit quicker than me up the Wimblebergs, but then I don't look like I'm trying very hard. Mostly because I'm not trying very hard
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'noon

WFH. Again. Skype call, webinar, lunch, chase stuff, laugh at BBC commenters giving themselves ulcers.

Turbo and quiz tonight.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • hopkinb
    Fair sh@gged myself out. Not quite a 32 kph average, but close enough for a fat p!ss artist, an hour and 17 mins for 40.5 km. Very close to bonking into the homeward headwind mind you.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

ning kids! Contemplating pulling a small trigger on a raspberry pi zero wh for something to do with the kids.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't realise they were back in stock so might get one while I can.
    I ended up getting an orange pi zero a couple of months ago but unless you pay over the odds you have to wait for it to arrive by 3 legged donkey from Mongolia.

I set an email alert with pi-hut after noticing the price elsewhere had gone bog-roll and PPE crazy. back in stock and now ordered with the kit of random bits to connect to stuff. Might build a sentry droid to shoot the neighbours cat with lasers from a blue-ray reader if it keeps leaving jimmy-choos in the garden. Got to be more interesting than f'ing tilling.