tuesday and you think that maybe you can fly

'ning

ride, coffee, nyt, wfh

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold wind again, just fed the birds ,I noticed yesterday a squirrel trying to get at the birds nuts, high light for today a nurse is coming to take some blood samples,
    So turbo later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Run, work, encourage eldest to run the 5k he has been nominated for. Probably another BBQ (with wood as local shop has run out of charcoal)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    windynippy, but pleasant in the sun, seemed to be many muppets out riding this morning

onwards to pineapple
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Work, eat, exercise, drink, repeat. Not far off getting irritating auditors off our backs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Morning, cold wind again, just fed the birds ,I noticed yesterday a squirrel trying to get at the birds nuts, high light for today a nurse is coming to take some blood samples,
    So turbo later
    Have a good day

I hope nurse has a 2m long needle.

Toots schooling today. Coffee went down without touching the sides.
    Although a cool easterly, the weather is stunning (again). Will find different walk location today.

...and we'll see what the postman brings. Some stuff is coming through rapidly, others via Mongolia.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Discovered the UHT in the government food parcel is passable for hot chocolate and cappuccino, so will work my way through that.

We don't want the food parcels, but they are ridiculously hard to cancel, once you get on the list.

WFH, may go for a run.

Puppy has managed to dig a hole under the fence we had put up last summer, so more puppy proofing required. I hope B&Q is open.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, chilly an windy but sky is as blue as a smurfs backside so cant win.

Plan of the day is to wander round the house an stare at things, not totally sure what else, may take a walk round the woods, dam hill up theres tough still.
    Anyway coffee is peculating away I'd sit out on the patio but its windy an cold, so log burner it is.

May actually attempt some turbo activity later.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    pinno said:

So turbo later
    Have a good day

I hope nurse has a 2m long needle.

Not quite Pinno, but she was well protected, face shield, mask , and a plasticity overall, and gloves
    She would not stop for a cuppa and a chat though

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Breezy, and patchy cloud/sun/cloud/sun/cloud/sun.... you get the idea.

Took new bike for my longest ride in over 2 years. Thought I was doing ok until headwind. Still a nice thing though.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Tea, bagel, yogurt, work. Alcoholic delivery from North Yorkshire just arrived - might enjoy a glass on the balcony.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    A busy day of wfh which I should be grateful for I guess. Amazing how cold this corner of the house is, I just went outside and it's really quite nice in the sun.
    Everything carrying on much the same as it does in this new normal we are operating under.
    Going to take a walk this evening I think, very exciting.
    Ben6899 said:

Alcoholic delivery from North Yorkshire just arrived - might enjoy a glass on the balcony.

Oooh, what did you get?
  • Ben6899

Afternoon folks,
    A busy day of wfh which I should be grateful for I guess. Amazing how cold this corner of the house is, I just went outside and it's really quite nice in the sun.
    Everything carrying on much the same as it does in this new normal we are operating under.

Ben6899 said:

Alcoholic delivery from North Yorkshire just arrived - might enjoy a glass on the balcony.

Oooh, what did you get?
    Eight bottles of Theakston Old Peculier, shipped direct. It's may favourite ale - by far - and I'm feeling a bit 'omesick so thought I'd have a drop or two.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Ben6899 said:

Afternoon folks,

Ben6899 said:

Oooh, what did you get?
    Eight bottles of Theakston Old Peculier, shipped direct. It's may favourite ale - by far - and I'm feeling a bit 'omesick so thought I'd have a drop or two.
    Very nice, not had that for a while. Enjoy.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Hey Ben6899, hope you're OK. A couple of Old Peculiers on a balcony sounds lovely.

Bit of work for me, followed by a quick blat down to prime stockbroker belt Surrey and back. Lovely on the way down, stopped short of the hills, then a bit of a grind into a what felt like a block headwind on the way back.

Shower, big bowl of pasta, glass of something sunny from southern France, settle down to a film with mini.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Week off so today i have been mostly boxing in pipework and tilling. I was stupid enough to get supplies a week or so in advance of lockdown so I could get all those jobs done. What a fwacking idiot, why do I do it to myself? I could have been slacking off with a G&T.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    hopkinb said:

...Lovely on the way down, stopped short of the hills, then a bit of a grind into a what felt like a block headwind on the way back...

There is a particularly exposed section on my current 1h exercise std loop, come to top of this hill then it's flat for several km with no hedges, just open fields. Strong cross headwind today, thought I heard the echelon klaxon sound, started thinking 'Where's Luke Rowe when you need him?' then came back to the reality of a solo ride. Grind it out man.
  • Ben6899
    hopkinb said:

Hey Ben6899, hope you're OK. A couple of Old Peculiers on a balcony sounds lovely.

Bit of work for me, followed by a quick blat down to prime stockbroker belt Surrey and back. Lovely on the way down, stopped short of the hills, then a bit of a grind into a what felt like a block headwind on the way back.

Shower, big bowl of pasta, glass of something sunny from southern France, settle down to a film with mini.

Hey mate, yeh not bad thanks. You know how you just miss the simple things sometimes...

Sounds like a decent day, what wine was it?
    Ben

• hopkinb
    It was a Faugeres. Corked to b@ggery. Grrr.

• hopkinb
    Went in a different direction, opened a jurançon sec, to go with the film.
  • Ben6899
    Well rescued! OP going down well. Not sure it's made for matching with sea bream in rose harrisa, but it works!
    Ben

• hopkinb
    orraloon said:

hopkinb said:

...Lovely on the way down, stopped short of the hills, then a bit of a grind into a what felt like a block headwind on the way back...

There is a particularly exposed section on my current 1h exercise std loop, come to top of this hill then it's flat for several km with no hedges, just open fields. Strong cross headwind today, thought I heard the echelon klaxon sound, started thinking 'Where's Luke Rowe when you need him?' then came back to the reality of a solo ride. Grind it out man.
    I am basically a very BTEC Luke Rowe, big lad, reasonable engine, OK on the flat and short hills, competitive. I don't mind a headwind too much. It's free training.
  • hopkinb
    Ben6899 said:

Well rescued! OP going down well. Not sure it's made for matching with sea bream in rose harrisa, but it works!

Rose harissa is versatile. Not sure I'd go so far as old peculier versatile, but it is an excellent ingredient.
  • pinno
    Decided (unanimously) that school work is sometimes boring. TBH, I had a creative black hole.

So Shorty and i made a cottage.

• hopkinb
    Lovely cottage. Is that a massive chicken out front?
  • hopkinb
    Dog? Platypus?
  • sungod
    cute cottage, a tabby sunning outside would be perfect
  • pinno
    edited April 2020
    Aaah - a Tabby. What a good idea. Must fit a cat flap. That's supposed to be a 'self portrait' - bad camera angle.

Let me see...

Not bad for a 7 year old.

• sungod
    pinno said:

Aaah - a Tabby. What a good idea. Must fit a cat flap. That's supposed to be a 'self portrait' - bad camera angle.

Let me see...

:smiley:
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

Let me see...

Excellent effort now I see what it is!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Let me see...

Excellent effort now I see what it is!
    Does anyone else suspect that Pinno cheated and did that for her? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]