Bottom Bracket FSA MegaExo

I have a Cannondale trail 2 2019 wich came with a FSA MegaExo bottom bracket and FSA Comet MegaExo, 36/26 cranks. I want to upgrade the drive train to a 1x11 46 cassete and i want to fit Deore XT cranks and chainring and i dont know if i need to change the bottom bracket and if so what bottom bracket do i need ?
Im very confused about all bottom brackets and cranks.
Thank you very much.

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446

You are not the only one mate! :'(
    I have got it completely wrong once and once I got it wrongish (but close enough to bodge it). Each caused a lot of head scratching beforehand and anguish and delay afterwards. The Shimano Hollowtech II gets my vote every time.
    Warning: the FSA Mega Exo looks like the Hollowtech but isn't!!! The axle diameters are different.

A big bike shop near me has a large display board with loads of different bottom brackets on it. Customers take in their existing BB, tell them what they want to do, and the shop staff can compare and advise.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    There is a relatively cheap deore hollowtech II BB. I put one on my Boardman ADV when I switched from Mega Exo to Sora (I thought deore would be better for the muddy canal path than the more expensive road versions).

Here you are:

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/bottom-brackets/shimano-deore-outboard-bearing-bottom-bracket-english-thread-bb51b/

You are not the only one mate! :'(
    I have got it completely wrong once and once I got it wrongish (but close enough to bodge it). Each caused a lot of head scratching beforehand and anguish and delay afterwards. The Shimano Hollowtech II gets my vote every time.
    Warning: the FSA Mega Exo looks like the Hollowtech but isn't!!! The axle diameters are different.

A big bike shop near me has a large display board with loads of different bottom brackets on it. Customers take in their existing BB, tell them what they want to do, and the shop staff can compare and advise.
    Thank you very much! Now i finally know what bottom bracket i need.