sunday is written in the soul of the desert

'ning

ridey, lazy, it may call for bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited April 2020
    Morning, cold but a bright start let’s hope we have some sunshine today, turbo , followed by roast beef , hopefully catch a few rays this afternoon
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Need to make a shelf for the bar, that’s about it really.

Looks like a road bike day :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    coffee and cloudy hill repeats followed by sunny laps around regent's park

wonder if it'll warm up enough for a bask, depends on the breeze
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    No point getting up early when there's not a lot to do. Lazy-ish morning, followed by not a huge amount this afternoon. Weather is nice, so sitting in the back garden on the sun bed may feature.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    My day sounds remarkably like Stevo’s. About to do a small amount of DIY type stuff to make it look like I’ve been busy. Other than that gentle pottering. Will go for a ride at some point and visit the old dear as I go.
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    My day sounds remarkably like Stevo’s. About to do a small amount of DIY type stuff to make it look like I’ve been busy. Other than that gentle pottering. Will go for a ride at some point and visit the old dear as I go.

I've got a second wind after my last cup of coffee and decided to wash The Panzer this afternoon :) Surely that counts as essential?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Nice dead calm morning, long walk with dog over the usual places.

Fiddled around in shed a while, then a short run out to get supplies.

Bike ride this afternoon, then virtual drinkies for a couple hours with friends up the road a few miles.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

I've got a second wind after my last cup of coffee and decided to wash The Panzer this afternoon :) Surely that counts as essential?
    I too have been very extremely productive. I rubbed down the filler I’d put in the cracks in the upstairs hallway yesterday. It’s pretty much ready for the lad to paint. He has to hand in a university project on Tuesday then he’s our decorator.
    Got a call from a chap down the road asking for mech hanger tool. Then had another call for help. Did socially distanced bike repair in about 30 seconds and legged it back here to relax.
    Looked at the big CV19 thread, wish I hadn’t bothered.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

I too have been very extremely productive. I rubbed down the filler I’d put in the cracks in the upstairs hallway yesterday. It’s pretty much ready for the lad to paint. He has to hand in a university project on Tuesday then he’s our decorator.
    Got a call from a chap down the road asking for mech hanger tool. Then had another call for help. Did socially distanced bike repair in about 30 seconds and legged it back here to relax.
    Had a few goes to engage with that, but ditto... not a whole lot of worthwhile discussion IMO.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

I'm try to stop certain people depress people to death in that one.

Got all my car washing kit out and realised I didnt have a big sponge. Hey ho, will have to use small sponge and J cloths...
  • sungod

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

Had a few goes to engage with that, but ditto... not a whole lot of worthwhile discussion IMO.
    yep, seems stuck in a rut of relentless pettiness

i had a bask, it's really quite warm sheltered from the breeze, almost finished kandy kolored tangerine-flake streamline baby, not sure what next, won't be any of mrs s's recommendations, perhaps the decameron as i reckon there'll be plenty of time to finish it
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Good to have dry and warm back, even with that cold (head)wind. Pleasant 50km; not been on bike past 2 days. Lots of bikelists out and about, many family groups. No clubbie group types seen at all, lots of solos. Next: hello dandelions, it's your nemesis.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, did some bike based maintenance, turns out new chainrings are required, urgh.
    Slow cooked pork is slow cooking while looking like pork so I can shred that up later an hopefully enjoy some alfresco eating later.
    Lazy day bar that earlier activity.
  • veronese68
    Put decals onto old Italian frame, look really good. Maybe I should start a thread about them.
    Rode over to see the old dear and did a small loop whilst I was out. Getting immensely lazy so didn’t go far.
  • sungod
  • veronese68
    They are indeed superb, just the thread I was thinking of. But I’d ruin it by posting pictures.
    Needs clear lacquer first though.