The Friday night christ i'm f.ucking bored thread...

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    pblakeney said:

...a bottle of Glenmorangie...Quite frankly life is good right now.

There's a link shurley.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Don't call me Shirley
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    pinno said:

pblakeney said:

...a bottle of Glenmorangie...Quite frankly life is good right now.

There's a link shurley.

Shurley says good can always be better. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    edited May 2020
    Evening squares*.

*Funny that, we've got a genuine excuse.

How's it hanging CC?
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Bit late of a reply Pinno but i have been looking for planes today as i rode,didn't see any spits or canes,bet i would at the local nursing home though,how is anyway Pinno,enjoying the end of the war?
  • pinno
    So glad the war is over.

Now, when I were a lad...

I have been knee deep in old Porker engine and gearbox swap plus all the whilst you're in there jobs. Which are seemingly endless. I keep finding them. Silly fukker.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Yay, had our first take away since March :) . Persuaded Stressbag and Stropteen that we weren't going to die horribly if I went down the chippy. Boy, those fish, chips 'n' mushy peas tasted good, especially when washed down with cider B)

Good excuse for a drive as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Was it far to the chippy?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Was it far to the chippy?

Just over a mile via the most direct route, apparently :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    "\Wis dis Fish and Chips and mooshy peas, you're really spoiling us".
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

"\Wis dis Fish and Chips and mooshy peas, you're really spoiling us".

I just persuaded them about a take away, they went for the fish n chips. Makes me proud.

Fish n chips n petrol cost was still good vfm :)
  • orraloon
    Evening Squares. Just d!ckin' about on t'web seeing as how got broadband up and running after 2 weeks of counting the Mb.

Positively Med holiday evening temps, blue skies, fledgling birds sitting next to me looking a bit 'ok, got this far, now what?'. Might have to open a 2nd bottle, these balmy evenings can't last...

Doing a local pootle with daughter #1 tomorrow, she's a nervous newbie so easy does it. Go for proper blast Sunday, early before it gets too 'kin hot again.
  • Stevo_666
    EoFW - End of ****ing Week. Yay.

Car battery recharged in a fun way and now making inroads into my cider stash :) Weekend's going to be good so may get on the bike for a change.
  • pinno
    Shouldn't you have a check up with the Doc first?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    V68 will teach me the way of the hammer over the weekend.

I will also cook some very nice lamb rumps with pommes fondant and an onion sauce.

Sunday I will grill short ribs at the boy's request (his birthday) Medium rare with roast potatoes and real gravy is his request.

• pinno
    What?! It's salad season of Caesar, salade Jullienne, home made mayonnaises with for example, Tarragon and white wine vinegar to toss with Gem lettuce, Avocado, prawns and crispy cruton's. Quiche's and cold cooked chicken previously marinaded in Olive oil, smoked Paprika, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and seasoned. Cured hams (preferably smoked), exquisite pickles and Smoked Applewood or Oak smoked cheddar, Port Salut, Pate and fresh baguettes, cream cheese and smoked Salmon Roulade's, sweet pickled beetroot, chives and spring onions...

This is atrocious, unseasonal behaviour Hoppy. I'm very disappointed in you.

• pinno
    hopkinb said:

V68 will teach me the way of the hammer over the weekend.

He might as well.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

What?! It's salad season of Caesar, salade Jullienne, home made mayonnaises with for example, Tarragon and white wine vinegar to toss with Gem lettuce, Avocado, prawns and crispy cruton's. Quiche's and cold cooked chicken previously marinaded in Olive oil, smoked Paprika, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and seasoned. Cured hams (preferably smoked), exquisite pickles and Smoked Applewood or Oak smoked cheddar, Port Salut, Pate and fresh baguettes, cream cheese and smoked Salmon Roulade's, sweet pickled beetroot, chives and spring onions...

This is atrocious, unseasonal behaviour Hoppy. I'm very disappointed in you.

Outdoor grilled meats? Unseasonal? Nay. I'll put some tomatoes near some good oil as well. Some salted almonds and fat green olives. You're right though, there's preparation going into the spuds.

Also, I bow to nobody in my love of the ham.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

About the driving, the cider or the bike riding?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

The latter.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

The latter.
    I'm not too unfit just now, been doing a fair bit of running and a few weights. Legs might ache a bit when I pedal though.
  • orraloon
    The Glastonbury weekend. Get on the iPlayer, because. Relive some previous viewings. (Never been dahn that Zummerzet in person.)

So first choice is Dizzee Rascal. Think, xxxx that was so good, was 2010, xxxx me that was a decade ago. Times have so changed.

Then Radiohead. 1997! 'Kin L. That's almost a quarter of a century ago. Jeez. The world was a more positive place then. I must be getting old.

Drink!
  • pinno
    So the masses will go out tomorrow night, get laid, get pissed and... spread the germs.
  • pinno
    Quiet on the Western front.
    Maybe FZ just reacts, can't post anything original, so if no-one posts, he's fooked.
  • Stevo_666
    Just sat down really. Quite busy for a Friday night. And doesn't feel like Summer.
  • pinno
    It's monsoon season.
  • pinno
    1 more week to go...

Then up Norf. We're already Norf, though geographically, still in the south but nonetheless, we'll be Norf of Norf this time next week.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

1 more week to go...

Then up Norf. We're already Norf, though geographically, still in the south but nonetheless, we'll be Norf of Norf this time next week.

Got your midge repellent ready?
  • pinno
    Not too bad in the Western fringes. Loch Mairee - stunning, something magical about the place but...
    Went there in my '74 bay. Had to keep the oil candles burning all night and stuff socks in the air vents. There was a toilet block. You had to leg it there and pray. Clouds of them.

As a highlander said to me once - "Aye, ye kill one and a thoosan' cum te the funeral".
  • Stevo_666
    Time this thread had a bump now we're all locked down/in...